What is Your dovakiin's Background

Going to start with a Nord male. Might call him Knut. Before the start of the game, he got drunk and got in a fight with some guards. He may have made a couple of unsavory comments about their recent lineage. Something about mothers and well-worn wagons. It's possible that he relieved himself on the guard Captain's leg during processing. These things happen. Oh, did I mention he was naked? Yeah. Stupid witches.

Anyway, off to save the world!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my Character Prologue thread:

"I was merely an adventurer living in Black Marsh near the border of Morrowind. I heard word of a mysterious artifact in Morrowind that rather intrigued me at the time. I began my trek northward, but what came next would inevitably change my life forever.

A large shadow fell over me. The only thing I remember is a pain in my shoulder as the creature clamped down on me from behind and lifted me into the air. To this very day I can't even think of what it could've been. The Cliff Racers had been driven out some time before the Oblivion Crisis and even if they weren't, they weren't big or powerful enough to do this. The only other thing that came to mind is the possibility of it being a dragon, but that's impossible. The dragons have been gone for many many years.

The next thing I know, I instinctively sunk my dagger into the nearest flesh I could find on the creature and with a loud roar, I was sent hurdling towards the ground. I don't remember much as I fell, but I awoke in a Dunmer's home. His name was Beraren, I believe. Over about the course of a month, the elderly Dunmer man helped nurse me back to health and help me regain my strength. I had grown fond of the old man. I'd go as far as to say I had a new friend.

Then one night, something happened. Beraren and I were sitting down for wine and telling tales of our previous adventures in his small home out in the middle of nowhere. I had no idea the man was such an intriguing adventurer! As he told me about his stumble into one of the planes of Oblivion, there came a knock at the door. No, this wasn't a knock. More of a pound. I offered to answer the door only to find some fellow Argonians clad in armor. I recognised the armor from home in Black Marsh.

The men informed me that I was free to go, but they were to slay Beraren. When I asked why, information about the Argonians invading Morrowind was barked in my face. I loved my home land of Black Marsh, but how could they do this? Breraren saved my life. I wasn't just going to let these men slay him. He may have been an adventurer, but that's just the thing. He WAS an adventurer. I stepped back to protect him, but one of the guards easily apprehended me, for I wasn't completely back to health yet.

They took Breraren outside where I heard his final call. I could not save him like he saved me. The final guard brought me outside to suffer the same fate due to my acts being treasonous to Black Marsh. I thought hard of how I could escape and I remembered what Breraren told me about Destruction magic. I had never tried it myself, but at the time it was as good a time as ever. It was an amazing feeling as rage flowed through my body. I could feel the magicka welling up inside me. Fire erupted from my hands, blinding the unsuspecting guards. The feeling overwhelmed me, but I couldn't let this opportunity slip. I fled from the guards. Fled from Morrowind.

I couldn't return home. I couldn't return to Morrowind. Surely word had gotten out about my 'treason'. I couldn't believe what was happening. Nirn was spinning and I had no way to stop it. I took up residence in the nearest settlement of Cheydinhall to come up with a plan. Something about that place really made everything sink in. Dark times fell upon me, so I decided I should leave. Cheydinhall wasn't a bad place, but it was too close to Morrowind for my likings.

My next thought was 'where would be the last place they would look for me?' The conclusion was clear. The province of Skyrim would be my next destination and my next blunder. I had been too preoccupied with my own problems that I had not known that Skyrim was having some problems. The guards didn't give me the liberty of giving me the full story as I was arrested and sent to some prison.

Now here I am writing this, my life upside down. Not knowing whether or not I'm ever getting out of here. I wish I could set my eyes on my homeland just once more. I do miss Black Marsh dearly, but I'm here rotting in prison, a completely different Argonian. At least they gave me this parchment to write on. I can read my story over and over in disbelief, but nothing will help me get out of this place.

I always thought I was destined for much more than this, but I guess that was just a delusion of grandeur..."

~Amusei

After the loss of his brother to the below zero winter in the mountains of Skyrim, Argonian Vidro vah-cho was left with nothing in this world. After living off of the land with his brother by his side he decides to search for his long lost ancestors. Remembering only waking up one day with nothing but a burn on his face, and his brother by his side. His brother was not actually his blood brother but a mute Nord who was that he met after his memory loss. Living strictly off of the land he grew great talents for archery and survival. On his quest to seek his old life he returned to the last place he could remember. Deep in the forest of Skyrim Vidro was startled to find his brother once again. Lost with emotions Vidro didn't notice that his body was dead and overcame by necromancers. Two resurrected appeared to him a Nordic guard and his long passed brother. Fighting for survival Vidro's quiver grew ever smaller as arrows pierced the necromancers heart and the heart of his last remaining friend. Stricken with the loss of his brother for a second time Vidro is enraged at the Necromancers clan and begins to develop the ways of an stealth. Taking the lives of the necromancers that took everything was Vidro's only mission. One night Vidro tracked the leader of this clan down to a small house outside of Whiterun. He followed the necromancer towards town when he stalked from afar. After subduing his victim to the ground he interrogates the necromancer into talking. "It's you, your the one we have been looking for!" said the necromancer. Pondering at why the necromancers were interested in him he questions him further. "We will stop at nothing to harness the Dragon, and for that you must die!" Questioning the meaning behind what the necromancer was saying Vidro was quickly stabbed by a small dagger concealed at the necromancers waist. Forced into fighting, Vidro used the necromancers own dagger the pierce the throat of his enemy. After his death the robe of the necromancer turned into flame and his entire body began to burn. He left nothing but the seal of the guards behind. Realizing that he killed a member of the guard Vidro was now a fugitive of a society he had no experience in. The necromancers were no longer his problem and now it was the law and this strange message died with his freedom. Not long after the death of the Necromancer Vidro was surrounded by 5 guards and 2 battle mages and was apprehended and sentenced to death for the murder of the Captains brother in law. With the story of his past a mystery and his future seeming to downsize at every moment the days from close to his execution. His execution is set for 6 days 3 hours 13 minutes and 29 seconds from now. The story begins 11.11.11

Mmmm.. I have planned my character, playstyle and all but didnt really think about backround.

Nord hunter

Maybe some kinda assassin/thief

goes into jail for obvious reason.

... Or maybe not.

For a murder that he didn't do.

Wants to get out of the jail for revenge.

Realizes there is something little bit bigger than revenge going on.

Maybe likes alcoholic bewerages, or something random. Like cheese.

Everyone loves cheese.

And two handed swords.

And murdering people.

.. and dragons.

And....

FUS RO DAH!!!!!!

Edited by Shadowjin123

After the loss of his brother to the below zero winter in the mountains of Skyrim, Argonian Vidro vah-cho was left with nothing in this world. After living off of the land with his brother by his side he decides to search for his long lost ancestors. Remembering only waking up one day with nothing but a burn on his face, and his brother by his side. His brother was not actually his blood brother but a mute Nord who was that he met after his memory loss. Living strictly off of the land he grew great talents for archery and survival. On his quest to seek his old life he returned to the last place he could remember. Deep in the forest of Skyrim Vidro was startled to find his brother once again. Lost with emotions Vidro didn't notice that his body was dead and overcame by necromancers. Two resurrected appeared to him a Nordic guard and his long passed brother. Fighting for survival Vidro's quiver grew ever smaller as arrows pierced the necromancers heart and the heart of his last remaining friend. Stricken with the loss of his brother for a second time Vidro is enraged at the Necromancers clan and begins to develop the ways of an stealth. Taking the lives of the necromancers that took everything was Vidro's only mission. One night Vidro tracked the leader of this clan down to a small house outside of Whiterun. He followed the necromancer towards town when he stalked from afar. After subduing his victim to the ground he interrogates the necromancer into talking. "It's you, your the one we have been looking for!" said the necromancer. Pondering at why the necromancers were interested in him he questions him further. "We will stop at nothing to harness the Dragon, and for that you must die!" Questioning the meaning behind what the necromancer was saying Vidro was quickly stabbed by a small dagger concealed at the necromancers waist. Forced into fighting, Vidro used the necromancers own dagger the pierce the throat of his enemy. After his death the robe of the necromancer turned into flame and his entire body began to burn. He left nothing but the seal of the guards behind. Realizing that he killed a member of the guard Vidro was now a fugitive of a society he had no experience in. The necromancers were no longer his problem and now it was the law and this strange message died with his freedom. Not long after the death of the Necromancer Vidro was surrounded by 5 guards and 2 battle mages and was apprehended and sentenced to death for the murder of the Captains brother in law. With the story of his past a mystery and his future seeming to downsize at every moment the days from close to his execution. His execution is set for 6 days 3 hours 13 minutes and 29 seconds from now. The story begins 11.11.11

I really like this one, keep it up! :thumbsup:

Skyrims comming out in 1 day for new zealands, 2 days for australians and 3 for USA. So post your backgrounds while you can! ;)