What is Your dovakiin's Background

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two in mind one that is power hungry and one that is good:

Sabin searched through all of Cyrodil for power. He found ways to increase his magica (cheats...) while still remaining proficient with the sword. He wore nothing that wasn't heavy armor. He believes only fools would choose tactics over power and need to sneak around everywhere. New opportunities arose for him during his journey that allowed him to do what most conjurers dreamed of. He could summon more minions at once as his skill increased (mod). Yet even this was not the max of what he found. Once the Oblivion gates opened he could roam through their realms and take their power source, sigil stones, and use these to further improve his weapons and armor.

Unfortunately he eventually got caught up in some plot to close all the gates to Oblivion. He did the best he could with these cards he was dealt so it wasn't all bad, plus he had a plan. He would double cross them when the time was right. Much to his displeasure Martin Septim managed to succeed in his plans and some how channeled Akatosh and close off Oblivion from this plane of existence. Since he was adaptable he managed to pass off as some hero type and was praised and hailed by the people.

Eventually he heard of this order of lost knights that managed to do great things so he investigated. After finding out they were all about being goody goods he left them alone. Later he heard of this place called the shivering Isles and looked into them. After becoming the ruler of the realm he was very pleased with all the power he had over the land and its people.

After 150 years or so passed he grew bored of this realm no matter how he changed it and eventually decided to read these Elder Scrolls everyone talked about. Eventually he saw the part about dragons returning and their powers they had and that this Dovahkiin person that could use them. He smiled and made preparations. He found this Dragonborn after searching for a long time and used a dark ritual to absorb his soul into his own. As his soul fought with the dragon born's he was apprehended by a large contingent of guards. His search was rather messy after all. The guards were able to subdue him after he killed only a fifth of them since he was weakened and occupied with his internal struggle to absorb the dragonborn's soul.

Some time had passed and even though he was now in the form of a man instead of an elf as a side effect of his conquest he had gained control and fully absorbed the Dovahkiin's soul. His powers were slowly returning to him as well. The guards were unnerved when they came close to his cell by his evil grin. They all thought that his execution could not come soon enough. Sabin knew his time would come again and he would make his move at the most opportune time.

I don't have much about my good character in mind yet. She will be a she and her back story will be that she was raised away from cities and learned how to survive on the land. She was unfortunately found at the wrong place at the wrong time.

She found her way into a clearing only to witness a traveling family fighting for their lives against bandits. She helped them but when the guards came she was mistaken for one of the bandits and the family so confused by what happened didn't even notice she was there. Wearing light armor and using a tactical approach from the shadows can sometimes work to your disadvantage like that. She wasn't prepared to fend off several fully armored guards after a rough fight with a group of bandits. She went with them peacefully somehow knowing that things would workout for better or for worse but in favor of her release.

Well, the best I could come up with is that my elven fighter/thief/archer was put into a temporary stasis by a powerful Daedra mage shortly after the events of Oblivion and the stasis was broken 200 years later.

The people that found me then found out I was responsible for stealing ALL the things in Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles and murdering a few people in the process, so they hauled me off to prison.

I'll better refine this when I find out what happens at the beginning of Skyrim (hopefully something that involves dragons, then I could come up with an awesome backstory).

My character is a Nord named Kaellis Orn Andersvard (Kael Anders), who was born into a lower class family residing on a small farm to the south of the province of Skyrim known as Andersvard Farmstead. His home, which lay subtly within the mountains of Cyrodil bordering Skyrim, consisted of just Kael and his family. Growing up under the tutelage of his parents, who had left their native land of Skyrim in order to get away from the politics of the ever-crumbling empire by seeking a peaceful life within the bare mountains, Kael, along with his older brother Sven and younger sister Abela, was raised with a very neutral idea of the empire. Neither of his parents had disdain for Skyrim or the Empire, but simply sought to keep their peace, and so all three of their children grew up away from the Empire in most ways.

Learning only brief history of Tamriel and most basic history of Skyrim and its traditions, Kael and his sibling’s lives were mostly untouched by the influence of the civilized lands. Like his brother, Kael was raised to be a farmer, and trained in the art of basic warrior combat. The bond he possessed between his small family was unbreakable. Life as he, his family knew it came to a drastic halt on the second Middas in the month of Rain’s Hand. On this day, at the peak of the families crop harvest, Kael and his brother were out at work while their mother and sister stayed at home, tending to the cleaning and cooking as well as taking care of the father, who had grown ill. Sven, as was routine, took his turn to carry the collected bundles of crop from the edge of the farmland back to their home, while Kael continued to pick the crop. An hour passed, then another, and again another. Plenty of time had elapsed in order for Sven to get to the village and back, and the sky’s Sun was descending to bring upon night, so Kael gathered the remaining bundles and walked back towards his house. As he approached the top of a hill, he could see his brother’s body lying motionless on the ground. He dropped his bushels and ran with all his might down the hill to meet his brother’s decimated body. He then ran inside to find the rest of his family mangled and dead, just as his brother; his parents, Sven, and even young innocent Abela had all been taken from him. He could tell from the damage that it had been an Ice Troll mauling. Panic stricken and thirsty for whatever form of justice could be captured, the young, twenty-two year old Kael ran as fast as his legs could carry him to the nearest settlement. There, he found a local Imperial Legion outpost and approached the first guard he could find.

The guard returned to the Andersvard Farmstead with Kael and looked upon the destruction with his own eyes. Kael pleaded for the guard to rally his comrades and hunt down this wild Troll, which had been clear from this mountainside for years. The young guard, a corrupt and ambitious man, who was on the verge of termination from the Imperial Legion due to his many failures and showings of incompetence developed a plan of his own. Instead of returning to his outpost with news of the Troll attack, he used the hilt of his sword to knock young Kael unconscious. After this the guard set fire to the Andersvard Farmstead and burned each of the dead bodies to a crisp. Kael awoke, bound in chains and confined within a prison cell. He overheard the guard explaining to the other’s that while on a routine scout he had heard screams coming from the farmstead, and by the time he arrived he found the young prisoner setting fire to the house. The guard continued by explaining that upon seeing the bodies within the rubble from afar, that he rushed in, overpowered, and arrested the young prisoner. Kael could not believe his ears; he had been set up; framed for committing the murders of his own family. For two days the anger inside of Kael festered while he wished for someone, anyone to come so that he could explain himself; tell of the guard’s lies, but his mouth had been bound by rags, and no one came. At least not until the bastard guard returned alone to his cell to transfer him to the dungeon for a more permanent residence. The guard taunted and laughed at Kael’s misfortune. he explained that Kael’s arrest would not only gain him the respect of his fellow guards, but had earned him a nice promotion as well, Kael new that this was his time to strike. Once being forced out of the cell, he chose his moment and attacked the guard by kicking backwards into the guard’s knee. The strike staggered the guard and gave Kael enough time to slip behind him and strangle the bastard with his shackles. As he did so, and as the last of the guard’s life slipped from his lungs, another guard entered the holding area to see Kael’s attack. With no chance of defeating the guard, and having killed the man responsible, Kael surrendered, expected to be killed on the spot, but was instead again knocked unconscious. Kael was sentenced to death and would soon be led to his execution. He did not wish to die, but could not think of anything to live for. He was not a religious man nor could see any way out of his nearing execution. Whatever was to come, Kale would be ready, and would accept his fate…whatever it may come to be.

SPOILER (Kind Of): After he escapes his execution which does not take place until seven years after his imprisonment, he will learn that he is Dragonborn and will begin truly training in the art of two-handed combat, showing a natural and prodigy like skill. In order to stop the ensuing threat of Alduin, Kael will also train himself to be efficient in the use of not only Warrior skills, but also in the use of Magika and stealth as well. Will the skills he picks up along his journey mixed with his once dormant ability to manipulate the "Voice" into Dragon Shouts be enough to put down the imposing threat...we will have to wait and see when 11/11/11 comes to pass and the legend of Dragonborn is played out.

Edited by GreaterThan

Steig Froden, Nord Bounty hunter, anything and everything, bears, trolls, bandits, anything not involving assassination.

One day someone paid him to wipe out a small group of bandits that had just stole a merchant man's gear. After the bloodshed Stieg found out it was actually the merchant's convoy he had just murderd, bandits suprised attacked him and left him for dead, a imperial patrol came across the scene and decided that the merchant's had taken him down before being slain by the rest and promptly threw his ass in prison.

Steig Froden enters the game now with a grudge againt bandits, imperials and generally anything with two legs and a heartbeat.

Raja, a female khajiit, was born in skyrim but abandoned by her parents for reasons unknown. Taken into an orphange in one of skyrims larger cities, she is well taken care of and happy as she grows into an adolecent. She learns to become invisible in the city streets and masters parkour to traverse city rooftops. As she grew, so did her abilities and was contacted by the local city guard at the age of 16. They offered her some money in exchange for some bounties. She accepted and became an assassin. Her first contract went well, the serial killer didnt see Raja hanging on the outer ledge of his balcony or the two dagger blades that pierced his heart coming. After many more bounties had been claimed, and Raja had her seventeenth birthday, she had saved enough money to study alchemy at the local college. She moved out of the orphange and moved into a room on the third floor of a Nordic familys house. She studied hard, and did assassination contracts on the side, but after her first year she had ran out of money and couldnt pay for another. But she needed to eat. And she needed money for rent. So she got a job at the orphange where she had grown up. Her kind heart made her a natural at dealing with abandoned children. But one day, she noticed a little boy being picked on by an older, wealthy boy who was known to cause trouble in the city and had wandered into the orphanage. Raja quickly rushed over and told the older boy to leave and not come back. As she tended to the small boys injuries the older boy returned, but this time with his father, a brutish and ugly city guard. The man began yelling at Raja, insulting her and spitting. He then got so close that Raja could smell the alcohol on his breath. He took a swing with his right arm straight for Raja's head. She ducked, grabed his arm and broke it with her elbow, and gave him an uppercut that knocked him onto his back. He got up and unsheathed the longsword on his left hip. All of his thrusts and slashes were futile, he could not hit the agile khajiit. She dodged his next slash, clawed at the hand holding his sword and cut off two of his fingers. The sword dropped to the ground as the drunk guard stumbled back and pulled out a small knife from the pouch on his side. He looked toward the orphaned children huddled behind an over turned table. He turned and began walking toward them. Raja wouldnt let this man harm anyone today. She picked up the longsword covered in the blood of his mangled hand and plunged it through the side of his chest, coming out the other side. His blood soaked the stone ground of the orphanage courtyard. He dropped to the ground without anymore of a struggle. The children cheered for her but she knew that more guards would come and she would be thrown into prison. She ran home to gather a few essentials. But on the way downstairs from her appartment, she could hear a guard asking the Nord family if she was there. She quickly turned around and ran towards her window. She jumped out and landed on the roof of a two storey building. She jumped from rooftop to rooftop eventually making it out of the city. She hid in the back of a wagon that would make its way across the border to Cyrodiil where she would be safe. But at the border, a guard searched the wagon and found Raja sleeping ontop of a bag of potatoes. She is imediatly restrained but is knocked unconcious by a good blow to the head from an angry potato farmer. She awakes on a wagon as a criminal, being brought to her execution. Edited by mrdamon8r

My dovakhin background is..... me

Basicly i traveled thrue time and space continum due to realization of once existence and apeared in skyrim. and thats when thous guys with swords and bows went ballistic and dragged me to that place where they behead ppl.

Btw "me" got no problem with dragons, or whit dragons killing evryone and destroying world. The only reason i will kill em is to make me some dragon teeth chair to help my travels..... Are dragons eatable ? can i cook one ? dragonsamich anyone :rolleyes:

PS: Saad i didnt manage to bring my firearms to skyrim :(

Edit: Added stance on dragon situation.

Edited by Illuna

While I'm still working and refining my backstory, I think it suits me well.

Name: Dovak Shadowborn

Race: TBD (Argonian or Dunmer base)

Sex: Male

Inherited Abilities: Blood of the Vampire, Blood of the Wolf, Blood of the Dragon (To be modded into a new race)

Backstory:

Born in the 3rd Era to the Champion of Cyrodiil, his mother remained unknown. After the Oblivion Crisis was over, he realized his father was a creature of the night, who during his adventures for the crown became infected with Vampirism, shortly there after on his way to Cloud Ruler Temple to report to the Blades he encountered a servant of Hircine, the Daedric Prince of the Hunt, who he had preformed a service for previously. The werewolf was enraged, animalistic, without reason. He was forced to kill it to save his own life, but not before he was bitten and infected. Knowing that there was no cure for the disease, he kept it hidden just as he had kept his vampiric nature hidden. His son was born shortly after his first full moon transformation. Having been born with both the blood of a vampire and the blood of a werewolf, his father knew he had to keep him hidden until he could control his abilities, so he was taken to a Dark Brotherhood stronghold built for and by Vampires, a splinter faction called "The Crimson Scars". Deepscorn Hollow, the home of the leader of the faction was given to the Champion when he became a vampire in the service of the Brotherhood, he then in turn granted it to his son, to be used as a refuge while he came to terms with his powers. Within the hollow was an area where he could learn to control his werewolf transformations, this was key in his life, because as he grew, the beast grew with him, forcing him to turn more frequently, once he reached adulthood he had learned such control over this power that when he did turn, he didn't become a mindless beast, but instead a calculating, thinking being with complete control over his actions. He left his home after the eruption of Red Mountain, and the conquering of Morrowind, having heard rumors of a coven of Witches who knew how to remove his gift, he sought them out, he had wished to be mortal, like his father was before his transformations. He found the witches, they removed the werewolf and vampiric curses, but left their powers. He no longer had to feed on the flesh and blood of creatures and could eat like a normal person. As soon as his cure was given to him, he heard a sound resonate through the hills, a roar that made his blood boil, his flesh crawl, and his mind race. He collapsed to the ground from the onslaught, the gathered witches looked on with awe as his body changed, he had not been completely cured, he had lost all control of his powers, he began his werewolf transformation, uncontrolably. Halfway through his change it suddenly stopped, old wounds reopened, then healed instantly, forming long scars on his body, his vision blurred, went dark, then returned, his fangs grew flat, his hair grew, muscles became weak, then grew strong. His transformation reveresed, he was back to normal again, but bore a new scar and a new purpose. He had felt the call of his blood, it told him to go north to find his destiny, he would make some of the same choices his father made along the way, nearly 200 years before him. His fate would lay in his own hands for the first time in his life, he thanked the witches, and began the long journey north, to Skyrim, the place where his fate would become clear. As he crossed the border into Skyrim he was captured, he had thought he had failed, but this was just the begining of his test.

My Dovakiin was born in Dovakriipton only before the place got destroyed and being sent to Skyrim the land of Tamriel. A nice married Khajiits found him and raised well in a small village until he hit the eleven; the day he showed an inhuman abillity of Voice or Shouting whatever. He tried to hide it but help people using it at the same time under cover for many years. Then he finally got caught by an intellectual group of Lexius Lutehor's Imperial Legion and being sent to a jail. That's the end of the story, but the game just has begun.