populating my mod with ugly people

Dan3345

UGH I am practically pulling my hair out over the sliders in the geck. If I change one thing it changes another, I will by luck fix one part only to have another ruined in the process. I see the ingame photos others take of their pc or modded companions and they look good, how come its so hard for me? I was thinking they use facegen something I know NOTHING about. But man those sliders are such a pain in the ass. I can't get anything right. If you do use them how do you do it? Are there any tips someone can give me to making decent looking humans? Everything I have attempted has started out good but by then they look like clowns literally. I can never get the shape of the skull right, and I think because of that the mouth is always massive, or really small with a ridiculous underbite. Not to mention getting the skin tones to match both uniformly on the face and then to the body is a challenge in of itself.

HOW IS IT DONE!? I am so sure that you all are not using the geck, you are making faces in photoshop or some other tool and tunring them into nif, or whatever the files are called.

Sorry if I sound like I am mad at all of you I am just really annoyed at the geck.. Any tips for a modding novice would be HUGELY appreciated.

And one last thing, I wasn't quite sure where this post belonged so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place.

If you go to the NewVegasNexus file search and just browse Hair and Face mods that is a decent place to get started.

Also, in the case of savegames there is a Face Ripper mod that can turn a savegame face into a GECK preset. You'd have to read the documentation on how this utility works, its not simple.

My two bits.

Edited by drakeelvin

So how do you install facegen into a texture path? Seems to me after making or downloading a facegen its in .fg format and I don't know what to with it

When I make a face I just take a preset (or even better a random npc face) edit it in Geck (I save faces often and never over right the old one!) then go in game do touch up work and export it into Geck.

Thats how most my faces are done, somtimes faces come easy other times I have to fight with it. Its just somthing you have to practice at and if you get frustrated stop, nothing good can be made when your upset D:

Geck is better to start with then in game, it offers more options to tweak with... but do skin tone last, its the HARDEST part to get someone not looking like a freak... :\