HGEC high-rez + oiled problems

Hi,

First off I'm a total noob when it comes to modding, so I'd like some help from the pros I know are here. Thanks in advance!

I've been a long time fan of the ES series, but recently I saw some vids by flingingfeces on youtube and it got me in the mood to replay oblivion :)

But the problem is that even though I've installed HGEC high-resolution with OBMM and the chocolate elves race, I can't seem to get my resolution to match what is seen on the vids. Also for some reason I can't get the oily skin to work. The problem shouldn't be my computer since it's brand new and pretty awesome I think. I also don't have any other visual mods (except Qarl and liquid water) installed so I don't think it's a conflict issue. Been trying to roam the boards here and other places but no one seems to have raised the issue...

Your help is appreciated in advance.

• 7 months later...

Have a look through this post by Talonvore if you are trying to use the 4096 x 4096 resolution textures.

I know it is an older thread but I wanted to say thank you for posting this. It's a huge help as I was a little daunted by this task. +Kudos for the help, even though I am late to the party. :thumbsup:

You're welcome. We aim to please ... err, or is that what we do when standing in the bathroom?? I hope you remember Talonvore's contribution ... he did all of the heavy lifting. Edited by Striker879