Fixing Chrome effect on object in rain

jsxaraan

I've been working with material editor, fo4edit, nifskope and all that a bit lately and have learned a few things, but I'm far from proficient. One issue I've failed to fix (the mod author doesn't seem to have figured it out either yet, or hasn't had time to maybe) is on the Veteran Ranger armor - the metal portions turn "chrome" when wet (when raining).

I've tinkered with material editor a little, but haven't had success finding the issue yet. They said on the mod they were fixing it and I think one patch was supposed to, but it still happens for me (maybe it was worse before - not sure). What I'm wondering is if anyone can offer any guidance on options to check/change that I can look into with one of the files. Would love to learn how to fix it myself if possible.

I actually finally figured it out a few weeks ago. It was (likely) being caused by me fiddling with the wet settings in the nif and duplicating them in the bgsm thinking they were default. I've since fixed the problem, it will be included in the next update.

I was just coming back to this thread to post that I fixed it (in my own way, not sure if it's the "best" fix or correct fix, but it seems to work). In the materials editor I removed the Environment Map Texture link and after that all seems fine in the game. Awesome to see you are back working on it dogtooth, I saw you had computer issues so wasn't sure when you'd be able to work on it.