Halp. Issues.

noxconkri

first post here, and that's only cause this started happening about... 88 hours into my game? i re-installed oblivion, like anyone would, got mods, got them ALL to work properly. and no random crashes... until now.

i walk only about, 10 seconds, maybe not even. and it crashes. i was wondering if i could get some help, but keep in mind i'm not entirely good with computer lingo... soooo... yeah...

Load Order if needed:

OOO.esm
Oblivion.esm
Capucines Character Expansion.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
Spell Delete and Item Remove.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face fix.esp
OOO-Knights of Nine.esp
OOO.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Knights.esp
OOOShiveringIsles.esp
OOOCreatureAddons.esp
LoadingScreens.esp
LoadingScreens-OOO.esp
More Effective Enchantments.esp

More Effective Enchantments Knights.esp
More Effective Enchantments OOO.esp
EnchantmentMastery.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
OOOEquipmentAddon.esp

i can't possibly think of what's wrong, since it's worked from the beginning for 80+ hours... then again, i DID add mods along the course of my game. having to fix issues, uninstall and reinstall mid-game, relaunching of course. but if anyone has a fix or suggestions, i'd love it.

okay, so slight update, i just did a test with a NEW GAME with all mods present, no clipped to the outside world, was doing fine, actually the game ran 1000 times faster. maybe my save file is just corrupt now...? how would i be able to tell if it was or not? oh another thing, some of the items added by OOO's things have... no textures, or just random color pixels. any ideas?

Another possibility is the A-Bomb bug. It's easily fixed using Wrye Bash (Saves tab, right click on save and select A-Bomb repair from right click menu).

You could also use OAF - Oblivion Animation fixer. If you use Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) you will need to rename a copy of the OBSE co-save to match the fixed OAF save. When you run OAF on a save (let's say one named MySave07.ess) it creates a fixed save named OAF_MySave07.ess (using my example save). After you start using OBSE it always creates an OBSE co-save each time you save ... for MySave07.ess there will be a corresponding MySave07.obse. What you need to do is rename a copy of MySave07.obse to OAF_MySave07.obse to match the OAF fixed save.

• 4 weeks later...

forgot this was a thing, did the wrye bash abomb fix thing, didn't fix my new game. btw this new save is crashing when i'm about to enter the market district at the imperial city from outside, 30 hours of play time at the same level this happens at, 14.