OBSE Unknown Version of oblivion

Hi guys so after a long time on FO3 and FONV I have come back to Oblivion but I have this issue that I have had in the past but always have been able to over come it!

So I have KOTN, and SI installed. KOTN patch on the DvD will not install it says file not found. but the one from SI will install so I install OBSE and it says Unknown Version of oblivion. I do not have a No CD and all game are real except SI and oblivion are copies I had to make cuz the DvDs were cracking (had no choice)

Strange thing is it was working last night when I installed it for the first time in a while.

I am going to try Wipe my PC to see if it fixes it. there might be something left that I did that is making it not work.

Unless anyone else has any ideas?

Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

Anyone?? Somone must of come across this before?

I was just on the game, Got on and went off to get a mod. The Start in a Ship one and Disable Console then it said You have an Unkown version of oblivion! I have uninstalled it deleted evreything I could find with oblivion and now I am getting the issue where I can not Update KOTN!

If you have the Game of the Year version you need to install both DVDs to get the game patched to 1.2.0.416 with the Shivering Isles installed. If you are using the orginal version DVD you need to pay strict attention to which patch you are trying to use. The game does not use the same patch if you install SI as it does if you don't have SI installed. If you intend to use SI install it after the base game and then apply the SI version of the official patch that is appropriate for your language/location.

Thanks for the reply!

After I got You have an Unkown version of Oblivion with OBSE again, I installed it all again First Oblivion (a Copy of my real disk) then KOTN but had to uninstall all the DLC then install right after, then Patch that came with KOTN it says Old file not found! so moved onto SI installed then Patch works fine. Go onto the Game, Game works. Then OBSE You have an Unkown version of Oblivion,...........

I am going to try one last time, going to uninstall them all delete them all, and restart then Install again.

When you uninstall don't neglect cleaning the registry. One of the moderators here bben46 has posted this uninstall/re-install guide if you're looking for any pointers.

Edit: Make sure you install SI after you install the game but BEFORE you install KotN and any KotN patches. KotN is just a mod like any other (resources and an esp). SI actually changes oblivion.exe (the SI.esp is just a dummy placeholder). That's why you need to install the proper patch.

Edited by Striker879

Game of the year Install order

NOTE: Install to C:\Games\Oblivion NOT C:\Program Files\ ... if you are using Vista or Win7.

(1) Oblivion - do NOT patch it

(2) Shivering Isles - do not even TRY to patch it

(3) Knights of the Nine LAST repeat LAST

Now run game - check version - it should be 1.2.0416. If not, it's not a Game of the Year version of the SI disk, because that WILL upgrade Oblivion without any additional patches.

Once you have V1.2.0416, then OBSE can go in. Make sure you have the latest version.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Ok thanks I will take a look at that guide!

So Oblvion - Kotn+NoPatch - SI+Patch?

I will just Install oblivion and Kotn along with SI and take look at the version.

Does it not just Install to Program Files(86x) Thats where it installs on its own accord. or should I get it to install too C:\games

Edited by Shadowfoot50

If you want to stand ANY chance of modding, and even patching, put it in C:\Games\Oblivion. User account Control causes over 80% of the problems with modding Oblivion on Win7 and vista.

KotN is an addon - install it last.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

WoW ok, I had no Idea, I am on the Oblivion Installer now, Its going to install too C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion so i change it to C:\Games\Oblivion No games Folder in C:\ So I am creating one.

I just finished INstalling SI and its version 2.1.201 or somthing like that. Should I install Kotn and Patch with SI?

Edited by Shadowfoot50