Re-Textures

Arkitus

So i've been taking the time to re-texture some of the items in game, such as weapons and armors. But i am having a problem with some of them.

First i re-textured the shivering isles armors and weapons, this posed no problem and worked like it was supposed to, seeing how i put them in the folders like i was told. Example below:

Data>Textures>Weapons>Madness> and then all the weapons in here for the madness set. All of them came out fine. Now i tried to do the same thing, with the original part of the game.

But when i did, the textures didn't work, i re-checked the directional path that the BSA file had them as, and did the same as i did for the shivering isles items, but with the correct path.

Data>Textures>Weapons> Files went here. But when i did this, like i said it didn't work. For instance the ebony sword, i changed the texture on it and it's still the same.

So would someone mind providing me some assistance?

By default Oblivion looks in it's bsa files (compressed archives, similar idea to zip files or 7z files) for resources it needs (meshes, textures, sounds etc.). If a mod is wanting to replace those vanilla resources you need a way to get Oblivion to use the mod resources and not the vanilla ones from the bsa. Archive invalidation does that. The most problem free way to enable archive invalidation is to select the default method offered in Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM), found on the Utilities menu if memory serves.

By default Oblivion looks in it's bsa files (compressed archives, similar idea to zip files or 7z files) for resources it needs (meshes, textures, sounds etc.). If a mod is wanting to replace those vanilla resources you need a way to get Oblivion to use the mod resources and not the vanilla ones from the bsa. Archive invalidation does that. The most problem free way to enable archive invalidation is to select the default method offered in Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM), found on the Utilities menu if memory serves.

Yeah i had figured it out once someone in the chat mentioned it, i then made changes and it worked. But thanks for replying here and helping me out as well. :)