Vision blurs and flickers when hit and annoying water problem

tafk15

I got the oblivion goty edition last week in the steam summer sale and have been experiencing some strange issues with the game that i'm having difficulty finding solutions to.

The first is that, everytime i get hit by an enemy the screen goes blurry and starts to flicker.

The second is a strange glitch concerning water. Even with the water ripples setting on, no ripples will appear in the water and reflections in the water will be distorted and sometimes just not appear at all.

screenshots:

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/tafk15/

I would REALLY appreciate any help u can provide with these issues as they are getting very annoying

i did have some mods installed but nothing huge just clothing and weapons etc a shop and a house. I am reinstalling oblivion right now with no mods installed to see if any of them could haave been causing the issues.

If it helps, here is a list of all the mods i had installed:

Appachii hero store

TARDIS by Drekmoor version 3.4 (player home)

The Golden Crest (questline)

Capes and Cloaks

Slof's jeans

Scarves

Nico's Dreadweave Complete (armor and weapons)

Is your Steam folder in C:\Program Files AND are you running either Vista or Windows 7? If so the Microsoft security feature User Account Control (UAC) will cause problems once you try using mods. It prevents changes to executable files installed to protected folders like Program Files. Steam users can move their Steam folder using this FAQ from the Steam site. You should also look through bben46's uninstall/re-install guide so that you get a better understanding of the situation. Once you have the game working and installed outside Program Files make a save outside the sewers. Install Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) as you will require it eventually for mods (most newer mods require it). With OBSE installed check to make sure your game is stable and make another save. Then install your mods one at a time, checking for problems between installs. If you run into problems it will be simple to figure out which mod is causing the problems.

Edit: When you install OBSE check the readme and make sure you are installing the files for the Steam version of OBSE.

Edited by Striker879