"Repairing" Sanctuary houses

Jones813

Is it possible for anyone to make a mod that lets you "repair" the houses in sanctuary? I don't mean put them back like pre war, that's silly and unimmersive. What I mean is you basically patch them up with scrap. On the technical side, I'm thinking it'd just be a complete reskin of the pre war houses, using a mixture of post war house textures and junk wall textures to fill in the holes in the walls and roof etc of the post war houses, inside and out, and then replace the ruined house with the newly reskinned pre war house. Additionally, rather than just flipping a switch the repairs are done, it'd be nice if the player had to do it, maybe build a special crafting station to do it, or a work station of some sort and assign a settler to it, that repairs all houses starting with the nearest to the station, and each house requiring 2 or 3 days to be repaired.

A mod like this is way beyond my scope of ability or I'd try to do it myself. I wouldn't even know how to begin. I don't even have any art editing software to try to do the skins.

Edited by Jones813

That's somewhat related to a mod request I have, which is to "manually" scrap or construct things by using the current wireframe build system, but not having it actually scrapped or built until either you or settlers assigned to the scavenging stations go on over and hammer on it for awhile.

So, total support for that part of the idea. On fixing Sanctuary houses, I'm all for it. I'm all for being able to go anywhere and settle anywhere too. I'd turn the museum in Concord into the Minutemen HQ and move most settlers into housing there if I could.

Because the Repairable Sanctuary mod was too buggy for me I decided to manually repair them using a combination of Settlement Mods like Homemaker, Snap n' Build and Alternate Settlements, the Place Everywhere mod, and Spring Cleaning for the ability to scrap the roofs and build up. Sure it takes a bit of work to get things lined up right but in the end I feel it looks pretty cool.

Because the Repairable Sanctuary mod was too buggy for me I decided to manually repair them using a combination of Settlement Mods like Homemaker, Snap n' Build and Alternate Settlements, the Place Everywhere mod, and Spring Cleaning for the ability to scrap the roofs and build up. Sure it takes a bit of work to get things lined up right but in the end I feel it looks pretty cool.

But a single mod that simply "repairs" would be far preferable to having to cobble together a solution through combining features of several different mods and hours and hours of work.