[LE] [HELP NEEDED] Mesh size adjustments for bodies [serious].

Dragten

Hello, fellow modders.
I am Dragten, maker of the Bandolier: Bags and Pouches mod and I seek someone experienced who is able to help me with a new project.

The person I need should be able to help to resize the 3d meshes, so that they fit on both genders and make sure that the weight sliders are working as they should. The meshes should go on top of armor, so the fit should be good for the "average" sized armors. Pretty much same principle like the Bandolier mod. Other than proper sizing, the items also need to be bipped/skinned, so that they are following the animations correctly.

I do not want to reveal too many details about the mod yet, but let me assure you that 80% of the work is already completed and the mesh fitting is one of the last things that is needed.

The meshes come from a professional INDUSTRY 3D MODELER, so I can assure they are are not just pretty, but also have good polycount.

If you are interested, please send me a PM here on the forums with links to examples on mods, where you preformed similar work.
Thank you very much in advance.

tl;dr: need someone to take my mesh and make male and female _0 and _1 NIF files out of it, which work with body slides for vanilla bodies.

Edited by Dragten

Hey Dragten,

I'm not saying I'm offering my help since I barely find time to work on my own mods right now - but I'm sort of curious. When you saying skin and rig the items, do you mean for all body types ('cause that'd be a hell of a work!) or just Vanilla?

Also from experience, I can tell you that making meshes work over all types of armors is an awful pain in the neck to do - and practically vowed to always clip one way or another - some armors are fairly lean (Vanilla Steel for instance), some others are bulky as hell... Items either float or clip. I created the Gannicus modular armor where each piece can be worn on top of sometimes 2 or 3 other pieces (all shaped around the full body - not just bits of legs and arms and neck like Vanilla armors), I'm also working at something similar right now, and I can tell you it's really a challenge as I'm sure you already know. It all depends on the items of course, but still, even the swords or quivers clip. Anyway, if I can be of some help in my limited time (depends on what you need in fact) - just drop me a PM.

Cheers!

Hoamaii

Hey Dragten,

I'm not saying I'm offering my help since I barely find time to work on my own mods right now - but I'm sort of curious. When you saying skin and rig the items, do you mean for all body types ('cause that'd be a hell of a work!) or just Vanilla?

Also from experience, I can tell you that making meshes work over all types of armors is an awful pain in the neck to do - and practically vowed to always clip one way or another - some armors are fairly lean (Vanilla Steel for instance), some others are bulky as hell... Items either float or clip. I created the Gannicus modular armor where each piece can be worn on top of sometimes 2 or 3 other pieces (all shaped around the full body - not just bits of legs and arms and neck like Vanilla armors), I'm also working at something similar right now, and I can tell you it's really a challenge as I'm sure you already know. It all depends on the items of course, but still, even the swords or quivers clip. Anyway, if I can be of some help in my limited time (depends on what you need in fact) - just drop me a PM.

Cheers!

Hoamaii

Just the vanilla meshes, of course.

I know the pain of making the meshes fit over most armors, believe me. That is what I did in the bandolier mod. That is why I wrote "averaged in armor". Meaning that it will fit MOST armors without too many clippings, except for very special ones with very annoying geometry.

If you believe that you can assist me, please throw me a pm with some examples of your work. I would really appreciate it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have to bump this once again.

It is very urgent.

There is a total of 8 meshes to be adjusted for male and female, _0, _1.

7 of them are dirt simple. 1 of them is a little more complex, but still simpler than a full set of amor.