Momentus XT 500GB Hybrid SSD

Hey i was at Tigerdirect and they where demonstrating a 500gb HYBRID ssd drive. its supposed to be 80 faster then standard drives, duh using crapy laptop lol.

Anyways just want your opinion on it, same size as a average ssd.

benchmark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtqV5SN4BY&feature=player_embedded#at=98

http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=6280178 bench on page as well.

oh also its brand new tech.

Not to mentiion a lot cheaper then your average ssd. See the price for yourself 8)

Edited by Thor.

off topic, but ive had two of those Asus gaming laptops, and both have died on my in under a year.

now is this only for laptops or can i get one for my desktop? cause if i cant, ill drop my 1tb desktop hdd and get a 500gb of this....and just get a 1tb at a later date....

Edited by hoofhearted4

I say yes if it means a 80% performance increase over standard drives, that sold me alone. :thumbsup: Edited by Thor.

sweet, although i gotta say, 1.5tb for that price is a pretty good deal, but i dont think 500gb will kill be before i can get a second drive, who knows maybe by next summer, they will have a 1tb hybrid drive. or more gb of SSD cashing.

I booted win7 up for the first time on the drive, and WOOw its extremely fast for a 7200rpm drive :thumbsup: Edited by Thor.

AWWWESOOME, i clocked my start times around 5 seconds, thats right no joke, i was almost shocked on how fast this drive is. I mean WOOW. I can't wait to see how quick Crysis runs on it. Not to mention the noise level went down a few octives and its quite, quite enough i could sleep next to it no problem.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

I am very please with this drive so far.:thumbsup:

I never realized how noisy that pci hd was.:confused: :biggrin:

I'm mentioning this again cause that last comment was on a fresh install with nothing installed on it.

Edited by Thor.