Bodahn Feddic being anti-social...

I don't know if this is a known issue. I hope it is, but somehow I doubt it...I cannot find a single mention of this bug anywhere. I only hope you guys can help me out.

So I was in Lothering and I was heading out of town and saved Bodahn Feddic from the little ambush waiting for him. Unfortunately, after I saved him, he simply would not speak to me. At all. I right clicked him for about five minutes straight (largely to prove the point) and nothing happened. His son had some kind of random dialogue (he just says "hello" as he normally does when you click him), but Bodahn wouldn't say a thing, let alone open up the dialogue he's SUPPOSED to open up.

Thinking something glitched out, I decided to try my luck by leaving town and seeing if he would be more chatty in camp. Alas, the same problem happened. Even in camp, right clicking him did NOTHING. His son still spoke, but nothing from him. I couldn't get him to sell me anything, I couldn't get him to tell me his story, nothing.

I got a bit fed up with this, so I put the game down for awhile (assuming the save was bugged or something). I recently came back to it and started a new game...low and behold, same thing happened this time, to a T. And after all the trouble I went through to save his life!

I'm guessing this is a mod issue, but I only have a couple (More Hairstyles, Console Add Points, and the No Helmet Hack) and none of them make any mention of this problem. I really would like to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I have a history with Dragon Age. I have started a new game about 50 times and never actually beat it. I just want to beat the stupid game at this point...

If anyone can give me advice, it would be welcome.

Edited by Whimsi

That is odd. Every time I played that part, and after the fight, Bodahn was right there talking to me. I wonder if you have a bad install and the game just isn't seeing that dialogue. Hate to say it, but sounds like you better do a re-install of the game. If you do, just copy/save your 'saved games' (think that is what it is called, been a while since I played this.) folder and then replace it after the new install and pick up where you left off.

Other wise, other parts of the game may be glitched too and you may end up doing this... :wallbash:

That is odd. Every time I played that part, and after the fight, Bodahn was right there talking to me. I wonder if you have a bad install and the game just isn't seeing that dialogue. Hate to say it, but sounds like you better do a re-install of the game. If you do, just copy/save your 'saved games' (think that is what it is called, been a while since I played this.) folder and then replace it after the new install and pick up where you left off.

Other wise, other parts of the game may be glitched too and you may end up doing this... :wallbash:

I was afraid of this. Maybe I can just pick up where I left off like you said...I just hope it's not the save game.

Thanks for the response. I'll try a fresh install with my old saves and see what happens.

Edit: Yeah yeah, I know I'm not that far yet, but I am so sick of doing the stuff up to Lothering. I've done is SO MUCH.

Edited by Whimsi

Just remember...if you do a re-install of the game, you'll need to keep an eye on any mods you've got installed as well. The re-install may not pick them up... :wallbash:

You can copy and paste your entire Dragon Age folder from My Documents and it will save you a lot of trouble. :)

Edited by Sync182

Have you patched the game up to the current patch. You have not mentioned this. I assume you may have done but its worth patching to at least 3 depending upon what DLC you have (at least one requires 4).

Please let us know how you have got on...

Have you patched the game up to the current patch. You have not mentioned this. I assume you may have done but its worth patching to at least 3 depending upon what DLC you have (at least one requires 4).

I figured I would give you guys an update since you've been so helpful (thank you so much for that). For the record (since I forgot to mention it like an idiot), I have the Ultimate Edition and I got it from Impulse, so it is v1.04, which I assume is the highest version.

After a reinstall that took all night, the problem remains on my old saves. Tonight I will *sigh* try to get back there with a game that has NO third party mods at all and see if that solves the problem. After that...I dunno. I'm a bit baffled by this whole problem and I'm out of ideas really. I don't know why having the minimal amount of mods I have would be causing this problem, particularly when no one else seems to be reporting it at all...especially with the fairly harmless (and popular) mods I have...

Edited by Whimsi

I figured I would give you guys an update since you've been so helpful (thank you so much for that). For the record (since I forgot to mention it like an idiot), I have the Ultimate Edition and I got it from Impulse, so it is v1.04, which I assume is the highest version.

After a reinstall that took all night, the problem remains on my old saves. Tonight I will *sigh* try to get back there with a game that has NO third party mods at all and see if that solves the problem. After that...I dunno. I'm a bit baffled by this whole problem and I'm out of ideas really. I don't know why having the minimal amount of mods I have would be causing this problem, particularly when no one else seems to be reporting it at all...especially with the fairly harmless (and popular) mods I have...

Ok, so...I may have found a workaround. I do not like it. At all. But when I go to my camp and talk to his son, the dialogue tree still opens up. That means I can still shop with him through THAT tree.

Now, I am going to ask for spoilers from you all: is there any point in the game that I NEED to talk to Bodahn Feddic? I know his story is interesting (I've heard it before), but I am going to try and just...keep playing the game and hope this is the only bug I get. If there's a point where I HAVE to talk to Bodahn later, though, it may all be for naught, because it seems like he's screwed everywhere he appears in this game for some reason.

No need whatsoever to speak directly with Bodahn. Getting to his goods via asking Sandal about them will be just fine. :thumbsup:

(But that sure is one weird glitch...)

No need whatsoever to speak directly with Bodahn. Getting to his goods via asking Sandal about them will be just fine. :thumbsup:

(But that sure is one weird glitch...)

It is. I hope someday someone pops up and says they had it too...maybe even comes up with a solution for it in case I'm not the only one. But for now it looks like I am the only one, though I can't for the life of me figure out how or why.

• 2 weeks later...
As silly as this sounds, have you tried just waiting a little bit after saving him and Sandal from the darkspawn? Sometimes, for me, the dialogue doesn't start instantly, so I do some looting, walk to and from him, and then it happens. Could be that it's just a bit slow?