Where were you at 9/11

kvnchrist

I was supposed to be at a meeting scheduled for 9am in Tower One on the 50th floor which was canceled the day before, so thankfully I was at home.

Oh man A, did that really happen to you? I guess that me and the Xat group are really thankful that it didn't come to that.

Anyway, the only thing I remember is that it was a day off from school, my parents were in the living room and I came in asking what had happened. I sat there and watched as the towers collapsed; shocked, silent, young, and confused...

I didn't exactly know what had happened, but I knew it wasn't a good thing.

I was supposed to be at a meeting scheduled for 9am in Tower One on the 50th floor which was canceled the day before, so thankfully I was at home.

You're really lucky that it did got cancelled. I'm glad to hear that you're still alive and well.

Well, what about me? I was really young, in school that day I think. Or I think I was ill? I'm not sure, but I did saw it on TV that evening.

I was at school and we were told at approximately 9:00 (GMT-6) that the towers had fallen and that the Pentagon was hit. The TVs in the classroom were turned on to show footage depending on which class one happened to be in. I remember watching during break wondering what nation would do such a thing.

I was in elementary school. My parents didn't wake me up as usual for school that day, but even back then I had a pretty good habit of getting my own lazy butt out of bed. I remember heading down the stairs into my family's living room, ready to collapse on the sofa for another ten minutes or so, but my parents were both on the sofa, so I didn't have anywhere to really be. They were flicking through the television channels, and they must have gone through at least 10 channels. The image refused to change.

I didn't have an idea what was going on until my parents told me. I was just shocked to see all the destruction.