Weapon Renamer

Omny

Is there a mod or some other method of giving your personal favorite weapons unique names?

The only way I know of right now is the "setname" console command, but that doesn't work quite as well as it could- when I click on, say, a Sniper Rifle and rename it "The Headhunter" or something like that, every single Sniper Rifle in the game is renamed "The Headhunter", and when I turn my game off and back on again, the name is reset back to "Sniper Rifle".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you want just a single weapon, for example your very own sniper rifle, to be renamed, you'd have to go in the GECK and create a new one, but that ain't a problem, just change the ID, choose to create a new one and then rename the thing.

If you tell me exactly what you want, I can do this for you.

It would be easy to do this, do you have any experience with GECK ?

Waste of time.

Console has a command for this:

While the object is selected

Setname XXXX,

Where X is your name.

The only way I know of right now is the "setname" console command, but that doesn't work quite as well as it could- when I click on, say, a Sniper Rifle and rename it "The Headhunter" or something like that, every single Sniper Rifle in the game is renamed "The Headhunter", and when I turn my game off and back on again, the name is reset back to "Sniper Rifle".

You should read the WHOLE thread, dude...