Horses and Shields

Krutz

it seems to me that there are plenty of animals already in new vegas, many of which have four legs. it should be possible to adapt their skeletons...

any discrepancy could be dealt with by making it a mutant breed of horse :P

does really surprise me that there are no horses in new vegas though...at all..or even mention of them anywhere.

really? everyone walks -everywhere- ? with the exceptions of trains and some vertibirds....

an internal combustion engine isn't hard to build. give me the proper tools and I think given time I could make one. said proper tools aren't even very advanced.

as for fuel, well, biodiesel isn't hard to make either...assuming that more normal fossil fuels are used up (hence the in-universe switch to miniature fission/fusion engines)

actually I would assume most of the trucks at camp mccarran weren't original to the base, and that the current NCR residents arrived in those vehicles....it'd be really good to see trucks and air-traffic ingame a bit....I wonder how hard it'd be to make what is essentially a scripted giant NPC....or just an object that moves around the map...

random tangent :P

I don't understand the whole copyright thing. I've seen a lot of mods that rip models and animations right out of other games. I have seen mods that add S.T.A.L.K.E.R. armor, weapons and enemies to Fallout 3 / NV. Hell, there's a mod that you can play Fallout 3 using the New Vegas game. Can someone enlighten me.

I've seen a lot of mods that rip models and animations right out of other games.

Report them to the moderators.

I have seen mods that add S.T.A.L.K.E.R. armor, weapons and enemies to Fallout 3 / NV.

GSC Gameworld, the makers of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, are pretty cool guys eh and have given the permission for people to use their game assets in mods. :thumbsup:

Hell, there's a mod that you can play Fallout 3 using the New Vegas game.

The mod I believe you are referring to requires you to legally own a copy of Fallout 3. It doesn't include any assets from FO3 and thus doesn't break Bethesda's EULA.

I've seen a lot of mods that rip models and animations right out of other games.

Report them to the moderators.

I have seen mods that add S.T.A.L.K.E.R. armor, weapons and enemies to Fallout 3 / NV.

GSC Gameworld, the makers of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, are pretty cool guys eh and have given the permission for people to use their game assets in mods. :thumbsup:

Hell, there's a mod that you can play Fallout 3 using the New Vegas game.

The mod I believe you are referring to requires you to legally own a copy of Fallout 3. It doesn't include any assets from FO3 and thus doesn't break Bethesda's EULA.

Thank you that answers my questions, So your saying if I owned a copy of Oblivion, it would be okay to use the horses from that?

Bethesda has said that they do not want any of the assets from any of their games used in any other of their games for legal reasons. It seems that Bethesda does not own the rights for all of those assets, they paid for the rights to use them for one game and one game only. So allowing us to use those assets would open them up for a lawsuit by the actual owner of the assets.

What you do on your game is your business and no one is going to come after you for that. However, if you make a mod using those assets then you are violating the TOS for the construction set and you and TheNexus could get a nasty letter from a lawyer inviting you to meet with them in front of a judge. The Nexus does not choose to spend a lot of money paying lawyers to argue whether or not they should be using somebody elses assets. So, we do whatever is necessary to prevent that.

Bethesda has said that they do not want any of the assets from any of their games used in any other of their games for legal reasons. It seems that Bethesda does not own the rights for all of those assets, they paid for the rights to use them for one game and one game only. So allowing us to use those assets would open them up for a lawsuit by the actual owner of the assets.

What you do on your game is your business and no one is going to come after you for that. However, if you make a mod using those assets then you are violating the TOS for the construction set and you and TheNexus could get a nasty letter from a lawyer inviting you to meet with them in front of a judge. The Nexus does not choose to spend a lot of money paying lawyers to argue whether or not they should be using somebody elses assets. So, we do whatever is necessary to prevent that.

Does that include the unused Fallout 3 assets in the NV ESM files? I don't want to find myself banned from Nexus for using the Aliens or alien disinigrator rifle in a mod.

Edited by ozziefire

Does that include the unused Fallout 3 assets in the NV ESM files? I don't want to find myself banned from Nexus for using the Aliens or alien disinigrator rifle in a mod.

If the asset is in the FNV esm, then it's part of FNV :)

Your uploaded mod that adds a new weapon, can refer to the existing nif's and textures. You're not republishing the assets.