Murdoch's News of the World Closes

Aurielius

Classic little 'M'

"Its not fair to blame the entirety of the left for that, it is mainly just the labour party."

Just where on the spectrum of British politics do you think Labour resides? They are the left in the UK. :facepalm:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic little 'M'

"Its not fair to blame the entirety of the left for that, it is mainly just the labour party."

Just where on the spectrum of British politics do you think Labour resides? They are the left in the UK. :facepalm:

The democrats are the left wing party in the USA.

I suppose that means every single thing the president does in the USA makes up all of the left wings opinions? In that case, the left wing doesn't support gay marriage, they support war, and they like giving tax cuts out. That's not how it works, a single political party does not equal the left or right wing. It only represents a part of it. Saying that a political party is the entirety of the left or right wing is simply incorrect.

Maybe I should start calling you rusty "A" :biggrin:

Edited by marharth

Its not fair to blame the entirety of the left for that, it is mainly just the labour party.

Its not just the Labour party, it's the BBC and the Guardian, that covers most of the left in this country.

Its not fair to blame the entirety of the left for that, it is mainly just the labour party.

Its not just the Labour party, it's the BBC and the Guardian, that covers most of the left in this country.

That covers part of the left in positions of power. There is a large difference in the political spectrum between the establishment and the average person.

If you are talking about just the establishment, I will return to my question about why anyone is surprised they are being hypocritical.

Edited by marharth

That covers part of the left in positions of power. There is a large difference in the political spectrum between the establishment and the average person.

If you are talking about just the establishment, I will return to my question about why anyone is surprised they are being hypocritical.

Those with power greatly influence those without, this is especially true of the left.

Those with power greatly influence those without, this is especially true of the left.

And?

That has nothing to do with my point that no one should be surprised that the establishment is being hypocritical.

And?

That has nothing to do with my point that no one should be surprised that the establishment is being hypocritical.

I'm struggling to understand what your point is and what it has to with the lefts hypocrisy and petty point scoring in the U.K. This is a hugely complex issue that does require a good knowledge of politics in the UK to fully understand, if you knew the full extent of Labours dealing with News International then you'd see what I'm getting at.

I'm struggling to understand what your point is and what it has to with the lefts hypocrisy and petty point scoring in the U.K. This is a hugely complex issue that does require a good knowledge of politics in the UK to fully understand, if knew the full extent of Labours dealing with News International then you'd see what I'm getting at.

There is a point that he's trying to get at? Jim you don't know your target audience, you are asking him for insight into a fairly complex political struggle that has its roots going back more than 35yrs, this would require actual research or time spent living in the UK. Neither of which is in evidence. As a side note the Parliamentary question and answer period could have been an episode of Monty Python from what I have watched recently.

Edited by Aurielius

I'm struggling to understand what your point is and what it has to with the lefts hypocrisy and petty point scoring in the U.K. This is a hugely complex issue that does require a good knowledge of politics in the UK to fully understand, if knew the full extent of Labours dealing with News International then you'd see what I'm getting at.

There is a point that he's trying to get at? Jim you don't know your target audience, you are asking him for insight into a fairly complex political struggle that has its roots going back more than 35yrs, this would require actual research or time spent living in the UK. Neither of which is in evidence. As a side note the Parliamentary question and answer period could have been an episode of Monty Python from what I have watched recently.

I'm hoping the proper inquiry which will be led by an actual judge with advice from experts will do a much better job than our hopeless MPs, none of which appeared to have done any homework on the subject. Also new evidence has come to light that implicates the left Wing Mirror and Sunday People, evidence which the BBC and Guardian will find to ignore.

Says the man who would have voted for someone who went against civil rights :whistling:

I thought my point was quite clear.

You and a few others are saying that THE LEFT are being hypocritical on the subject. That is not correct, since it is just the establishment that is being hypocritical on the subject.

The establishment is not the same as the entirety of the left wing. It could just be a misuse of words, but you are claiming with that statement that everyone on the left including normal citizens in the UK, are being hypocritical when it is just the establishment. The reason that makes a big difference should be obvious.