Deception

kvnchrist

If i got it correctly "The validity of the public debt of the United States is not questioned." but I'm not an expert on US amendments.. but you might enlighten me if i went wrong there.

No, you have correctly quoted from one of the lesser clauses of the 14th Amendment. It was however in reference to the war debt of the Civil War and that the former Confederate States could not escape the requisite taxation to pay for it.The southern states argued that they were not part of the United States when it was incurred and hence not liable, not an argument that had much traction.

So if your contention is that it's validity( the national debt) could be questioned which would by nature be a constitutional challenge of the 14th Amendment...then I see how you were thinking. It should be noted that the 14th Amendment is one of the murkiest of the lot, it has been interpreted and reinterpreted at least six times by the Supreme Court, so not the firmest of constitutional ground to stand on or against.

I wasn't grounding on it but referring because this might be applied in some way or another .. in this case aside from the worst case (witch would hit the whole world) the irony against the rating agency's. was my primary target rating Italy down before it isn't even sure they cant stabilize their finances and threatening to rate down the US witch would lead too to a destabilized market, and the world economy would certainly be affected by it.

I've only did some cross reading over it about back in may that's why i remembered it so well because of the backward absurdity it applies on pensioners like you so i was worried that you are soon as poor as slippery Sam and on the run.

The deception part is the thing is that angers me most in this because on one hand the politicians and their parties preach thrift, and on the other hand hold it open to the economies and their lobbyists... one must be totally lobotomised and to see the vulgarity of this opportunity witch is abused a lot and mostly not in the public because it would be instant political death to each one that submits to it

Edited by SilverDNA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic