Final Listing

yup im well aware of the Hyper 212+, im still debating on it, but i think i want the H60, BUT nothing on this list is final, since i wont be able to build if till next year sometime lol

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i appreciate the advice, but i dont really see the big deal. there are just as many good reviews for an MSI and there are for Asus. my friend is using the same MSI board i have picked out and he loves it. i just dont trust Asus anymore.

besides the one you listed isnt AM3+ nor does it have 2 PCI slots....the next AM3+ board thats asus that has 2 pci slots its $30 more then the one i have picked out. but like i said, itd take a lot of convincing to buy an Asus board...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131736

Edited by hoofhearted4

Umm yes its am3 plus, why do you think it says 6x compatible for. All boards lately are am3+, heck even my 1 year old motherbaord is, all it needed was a bios update. the quad core phenom is socket am3+ so you can easily update to the latest amd phenom.

I now my stuff, i build my own.

read the description

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX "AM3+" AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Also all sli boards have to pci slots do to the fact its sli ready, so yes it has 2 pci slots built in.

I used to be almost the nexus tech support once, though after awhile i got tired of the same old stuff all the time :ermm:

Edited by Thor.

no need to get all defensive, i never said you didnt know ur stuff.

anyways i like the board i linked to and i think im going with that one (yes i know...its Asus) though it is a little expensive....hmm

also add Speakers to my final build listing :P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121014

Edited by hoofhearted4

Ok i understand, :biggrin: I'm only tryiing to give you the better deal.

I'm very officiant when it comes to that.

Edited by Thor.

yep i understand, and i appreciate your help since the beginning.

but the other thing is that your board doesnt have two pci-e x16 slots, which i would need for SLI (in the future) right?

also i read that there is a difference between an AM3+ and an AM3 bios flashed to AM3+. while the later can handle and AM3+ CPU it might not have all the "features" of an actual AM3+ socket, nor will it be as "efficient"..i quote those words since they dont elaborate, plus its all hypothetical since it cant be tested yet anyways do to the lack of the bulldozer CPU lol :P

as i said, im open to opinions on any item, including boards. $190 is quite a bit for a board, if i can get one for $150 or so thatd be nice.. (needs to be AM3+ and be able to handle SLI...or crossfire, w/e its called)

No i brought up my specs on my Board its am3+, it has two pci slots again all sli motherboards do. maybe not a pci e thats a different thing all together, Though they can be handy for sticking a sound card in, if you have no pci slots left.

ooo, so the board you linked to is AM3+ and it can handle two gfx cards in SLI?

so howcome the board i list lists FX CPUs under its compatability but the one you linked to doesnt....what does that even mean!!

pci confuses the hell out of me with all the x16 duel x8 x4 crap. lol idk what any of it means!!