Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37179330. #37179600, #37180700, #37183430 are all replies on the same post.

hex77x wrote: been fighting this for about 5 hours now, along with several hours yesterday since the update.
nothing works.

mods always unchecked whenever i restart NMM. yes, its the most current version.
game never acknowledges any mods are present, active or not.

i'm tired of it, i give up. i'll just wait for far harbor to come out, hopefully by then someone will have figured it out.
krwada wrote: The exact same thing is happening to me....

I have no frikkin clue as to how others are getting their Fallout 4 version 4.1.5 to work. I can see it working with absolutely NO mods. However; one of the things that make FO4 so enjoyable are the MODS.

All of this... and all the LIP SERVICE Bethesda makes on HOW IMPORTANT THE MODDING COMMUNITY IS TO THEIR GAMES...

This is what happens when the suits get their grubby paws on something. The basically figure a way to unilaterally ruin the experience for as many folks as possible.

OH ... and yes... We have STEAM too. STEAM makes most certain that you CANNOT roll back to a previous version that was stable and gave a very pleasant user experience... STEAM must make absolutely certain that new releases are uniformly SHOVED DOWN EVERYONE'S THROATS.... WHETHER OR NOT THEY WANT IT OR NOT!!!

I am really getting sick and tired of this Big Brother Commie software... What we need is a variant of Liberty Prime for network updates and games...

SHEESH!

jeibher wrote: CONFIRMED - DEF_UI, Pleasant UI and Valdacyl Item Sorting Are the mods that are getting me CTD Problems at Start Up -CONFIRMED

Also the FIX Above Works= "change back to doing Archive Invalidation the old way. Remember when you needed to add:

, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\, VIDEO\

To the end of:

SResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

under [Archive] in Fallout4.ini ? Well now you need to do that again. Remove bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and your Fallout4Custom.ini, too. Everything should load at that point."

THANKS!
johnnatan wrote: Just go to the MODS inside the game and check the Load Order and enable them... This new feature deactivates the mods for whatever reasons...It has been working so far for me... My problem is that the stupid update is messing with all the mods and distorting the heck out of them... It is really annoying... specially the fading away of things...

What if the mods option in the game doesn't show any mods? That's my problem, I can either activate by putting a * manually on every mod in plugin.txt which still makes some mods not working, or use the autoexec.txt to force mods into the game which doesn't support esm files. I just want to manually install mods and be able to turn them on and off without third party programs, steam is enough for me.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. NMM 61.20, FO 1.5, updated all mods via NMM, exported load order.txt via NMM

2. tried to play game thru (admin) NMM (last quicksave)... reported missing esps and CTD

3. quit FO4 and NMM

4. put a * in front of all esps in appdata/roaming/local/fallout4/plugins.txt

5. restarted (admin) NMM... got 1.5 update message in NMM

6. imported load order.txt... activated all mods

7. NMM locked up on one of the mods.. restarted (admin) NMM

8. all mods activated cleanly on 2nd attempt **shrug**

9. tried to play game as above... got thru select and CTD while loading cell

10. disabled DEF_UI as per above post

11. damn game started with no missing esps

I'm running about ~90 mods-- hopefully the above is one size fits

all I know is it worked for me-- for the time being-- g'luck

In response to post #37179330. #37179600, #37180700, #37183430, #37184060 are all replies on the same post.

hex77x wrote: been fighting this for about 5 hours now, along with several hours yesterday since the update.
nothing works.

mods always unchecked whenever i restart NMM. yes, its the most current version.
game never acknowledges any mods are present, active or not.

i'm tired of it, i give up. i'll just wait for far harbor to come out, hopefully by then someone will have figured it out.
krwada wrote: The exact same thing is happening to me....

I have no frikkin clue as to how others are getting their Fallout 4 version 4.1.5 to work. I can see it working with absolutely NO mods. However; one of the things that make FO4 so enjoyable are the MODS.

All of this... and all the LIP SERVICE Bethesda makes on HOW IMPORTANT THE MODDING COMMUNITY IS TO THEIR GAMES...

This is what happens when the suits get their grubby paws on something. The basically figure a way to unilaterally ruin the experience for as many folks as possible.

OH ... and yes... We have STEAM too. STEAM makes most certain that you CANNOT roll back to a previous version that was stable and gave a very pleasant user experience... STEAM must make absolutely certain that new releases are uniformly SHOVED DOWN EVERYONE'S THROATS.... WHETHER OR NOT THEY WANT IT OR NOT!!!

I am really getting sick and tired of this Big Brother Commie software... What we need is a variant of Liberty Prime for network updates and games...

SHEESH!

jeibher wrote: CONFIRMED - DEF_UI, Pleasant UI and Valdacyl Item Sorting Are the mods that are getting me CTD Problems at Start Up -CONFIRMED

Also the FIX Above Works= "change back to doing Archive Invalidation the old way. Remember when you needed to add:

, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\, VIDEO\

To the end of:

SResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

under [Archive] in Fallout4.ini ? Well now you need to do that again. Remove bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and your Fallout4Custom.ini, too. Everything should load at that point."

THANKS!
johnnatan wrote: Just go to the MODS inside the game and check the Load Order and enable them... This new feature deactivates the mods for whatever reasons...It has been working so far for me... My problem is that the stupid update is messing with all the mods and distorting the heck out of them... It is really annoying... specially the fading away of things...
scot wrote: What if the mods option in the game doesn't show any mods? That's my problem, I can either activate by putting a * manually on every mod in plugin.txt which still makes some mods not working, or use the autoexec.txt to force mods into the game which doesn't support esm files. I just want to manually install mods and be able to turn them on and off without third party programs, steam is enough for me.

My problems were UI related. So far all mods are installed except for my UI mod and all is well.

Anyone find a fix for the missing Structure tab yet?

I have been trying all day and no luck. I went and got a new drive, reinstalled windows, reinstalled steam and F04 with zero mods, created a new gamesave and still no tab to build stuff.

Edited by pjalm

In response to post #37179945. #37180065 is also a reply to the same post.

bben46 wrote:

Answer to: Mods being disabled every time - or asterisks being removed. Same thing. You need to set your plugins.txt file to read only AFTER activating all of your mods, (Activating the mods in NMM puts in the asterisks for you)

To find the plugins.txt C:\users\Your user name\Appdata\Local\Fallout4\ Right click,on plugins.txt, left click on Properties and put a check in the box that says read only then click apply and then OK

krwada wrote: I tried this ... The game still does NOT recognize that there are MODS installed. It runs OK, but NO MODS!

Version 1.4 did not have this problem.

I wish I could roll 1.5 back to 1.4

I cannot do this... or at least, I do not know how to do this.

I'm having the same problem. I usually know how to handle modding issues but right now I'm at a loss. Edited by TylersInsanity

In response to post #37179945. #37180065, #37187110 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

Answer to: Mods being disabled every time - or asterisks being removed. Same thing. You need to set your plugins.txt file to read only AFTER activating all of your mods, (Activating the mods in NMM puts in the asterisks for you)

To find the plugins.txt C:\users\Your user name\Appdata\Local\Fallout4\ Right click,on plugins.txt, left click on Properties and put a check in the box that says read only then click apply and then OK

krwada wrote: I tried this ... The game still does NOT recognize that there are MODS installed. It runs OK, but NO MODS!

TylersInsanity wrote: I'm having the same problem. I usually know how to handle modding issues but right now I'm at a loss.

Negative. This does not appear to work at all.

Good to see i'm not the only one with this problem its so damn annoying, keeps reseting the plugins, everything was working wonderfully till this update came and my fps has starting to drop to wtf, i got a soild 60 fps (God Rays Off everything else on ultra) a couple of days ago, and i'm running about 98 mods and have just finished my red rocket built and now this happends but ill try what you said with *

In response to post #37179945. #37180065, #37187110, #37187155 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

TylersInsanity wrote: I'm having the same problem. I usually know how to handle modding issues but right now I'm at a loss.
scarab77 wrote: Negative. This does not appear to work at all.

i tried it and it kinda works still gives me the theres content that can not be blah blah but it dosen't say any mods names only a # or something but i load it and it works but everytime i start nmm i need to do the same thing again it hasen't been like this before nmm always did it for me i am also getting fps drops now witch i haven't got before even with ultra settings andd also for people how dont find the appdata folder try to type this in the windows search bar %localappdata%\Fallout4 it works for me could not find the C:\users\Your user name\Appdata\Local\Fallout4\

So I'm new to modding and i tried to edit one of my already installed mods for fallout 4. I only wanted to edit the damage output for the M2216 mod because the weapon is pretty pitiful as far as the automatic receivers go. Once i do that I save it and try to start the game but my game keeps looping the launcher and never gets to the main menu. Anyway to fix this without reverting my change to this mod?

Nice to see a couple of fixes are already out there. Tho I still have steam in offline mode so the latest update has not been downloaded to my rig (yet). I recommend everytime there is an update in beta and you are not going to be part of the testing to put steam offline. Then when the update goes live you can see what issues it caused and wait for a solution before getting all frustrated. Just an idea.