Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

If you are not detecting the Fallout4.ini please try starting the game from the steam launcher. That is when the game checks for the ini and creates a new one if needed. It does not do this using any other way of launching the game. If you have made a lot of changes to the game or ini, you may want to run the Steam Check integrity of game cache to allow it to replace any vanilla game files that have been changed.

Yes, the new ini is going to remove any custom lines you added. please DO NOT add in those lines until you check to see if they are still needed with the 1.5 version. I did not use any added lines and mine started up just fine.

I do recommend backing up your saved games, old ini files and your mods before doing any updating. I see far too many posts where someone has done an update and lost something because they neglected this important step.

If you are not going to be creating your own new mods you do not need the CK. The CK is for making mods, and not needed for playing the game with mods. And as you don't need the CK. you don't need the ini change for using the CK either.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn i thought the new update was messing with that plugins.txt and changing it to" *" .... and i was constantly deleting this asterix and was getting irritated why it rewrites itself hehehe. The new 1.5 update is not so scary...

I'm working with the tools since fallout 3.

Since then they tweaked some things in it, but it continues to be a software which you couldn't sell for money.

-ugly interface

-incredibly bad performance in the render window

-crashes, crashes, crashes

-bugs, bugs bugs

This was okay for Fallout 3(take it or leave it) but If you want to push it as an official authoring software even for console mods you have to fix the worse mistakes. and bugs included since Fallout 3.

I was trying to tweak some settlements and it was a messs, beginning with freezes and slowdowns, it was nearly unusable. I was thinking about adjusting all settlement borders but I'm stills stuck at the Outpost Zimonja.

In response to post #37452840. #37465210 is also a reply to the same post.

Darkknightsyndrome wrote: Anyone getting this error that when starting NMM for Fallout 4 it doesn't detect the Fallout4.ini even though it's there? Tried verifying cache, deleting the ini flies start would produce new ones so when restarting NMM with Fallout 4 I get the same error :/

Oh yeah did anyone else notice that the Fallout4Custom.ini is gone in the My games folder or is that still there for everyone else but me?
zombieman89 wrote: I have this same issue; any fix yet?

mee too

after updating to new version nothing works anymore.

With or without Bash, fo4se, ShadowBoost, dlc's, modifications,

ini configurations, i'm not able to start the Bethesda Launcher,

Short, everything is now for the garbage. Several month of work broken.

Welcome to Oblivion or Schmyrim

Never again a Fallout, especially Bethesda game!

Edited by hivKORN

In response to post #37621815.

hivKORN wrote: after updating to new version nothing works anymore.
With or without Bash, fo4se, ShadowBoost, dlc's, modifications,
ini configurations, i'm not able to start the Bethesda Launcher,
Short, everything is now for the garbage. Several month of work broken.
Welcome to Oblivion or Schmyrim
Never again a Fallout, especially Bethesda game!

Tried launching it trough the mod manager?