Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

So the survival mode will normally work with mods now or not? I am confused due to the issues with the survival mode modding, i am running on fallout 4 1.4v with steam offline since 1 month. That means i am not updating i do not even have workshop DLC, just Automatron and heavy modded game, about 83 active plugins and evverything runs smooth, i sacraficed many hours to adjust all these setting, mods configs, plugins, fo4edit, graphics and tuning with configuration tool to maintain a good stable play and do not want to ruin it by updating the foullout throuth steam now. A iam little afraid it will mess up my game again. So how are your thouts on this? Should i update to 1.5 survival mode or not? I do not care about the workshop dlc but i have season pass bought so it is a little waste, just waiting for the third dlc harbor or sth like that.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.5 is more than just survival mode. And the survival mode is optional you will only be playing survival if you select that difficulty.

The Workshop DLC or the Construction Kit will not work without the update. When you go online with Steam, you will get the workshop added, but not the Construction Kit. You will need to download and install that separately if you want it.

I am sure that the next DLC will require at least the 1.5 version

Before updating be sure to back up your mods and all of your saves. Beth changed some things about how mods work with 1.5 and that has caused a lot of confusion, mostly from people who just expected it to work just like before and chose to panic and blame everyone else when it didn't.

In response to post #37406010. #37406055 is also a reply to the same post.

Syeeb wrote: This is probably a stupid question, but I am having the CK crash anytime I try and mod an npc or do just about anything.

So, question:

Does the creation kit require the latest version of FO4? I have not updated because of all the issues I am reading with mods no longer working.
RikiRiougy wrote: yeah thats obvious that you have to update FO4

What's obvious to one is less obvious to another. Everyone here has varying levels of modding knowledge and we should try to help each other out whenever possible.

Hello guys,i have a question,do i need to put INVALIDATEOLDFILE=1 AND STRING\MESHES\TEXTURE\etc on the new generated fallout4.ini to get all the mod working???

In response to post #37406010. #37406055, #37423890 are all replies on the same post.

Syeeb wrote: This is probably a stupid question, but I am having the CK crash anytime I try and mod an npc or do just about anything.

So, question:

Does the creation kit require the latest version of FO4? I have not updated because of all the issues I am reading with mods no longer working.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: What's obvious to one is less obvious to another. Everyone here has varying levels of modding knowledge and we should try to help each other out whenever possible.

hear hear
Edited by baldingduck

In response to post #37406010. #37406055, #37423890, #37442515 are all replies on the same post.

So, question:

RaffTheSweetling wrote: What's obvious to one is less obvious to another. Everyone here has varying levels of modding knowledge and we should try to help each other out whenever possible.
baldingduck wrote: hear hear

That is not obvious cause when you install CK there is not a mention about that.

Anyone getting this error that when starting NMM for Fallout 4 it doesn't detect the Fallout4.ini even though it's there? Tried verifying cache, deleting the ini flies start would produce new ones so when restarting NMM with Fallout 4 I get the same error :/

Oh yeah did anyone else notice that the Fallout4Custom.ini is gone in the My games folder or is that still there for everyone else but me?

In response to post #37299430. #37310900, #37329405, #37347555, #37348475, #37382930, #37390485 are all replies on the same post.

eddieeddieeddie wrote: i dont have any problem with the new updates or loot or f4se or mods....my problem is nmm isnt showing if there are updates for mods....click the check for updates and it runs in nmm ....and after checking for updates nmm dont show if there really is any updates....ill scroll down the list of installed mods and go to there nexus page and theres a new update for mods i have installed...thats the only problem im having and have tried clicking get mods missing id's as well....anybody know how to fix this?
rayhne wrote: My guess is that it won't be fixed until the next update of NMM. I go check New Recently list daily to see if any mods I use are listed.
eddieeddieeddie wrote: thanks for the comment, thats what ive been doing checking the " added today" and "new recently" list, or open nmm and go down the list and open the mods page and look....130 mods installed at the moment.
Atabata wrote: Still an issue in 0.61.21
eddieeddieeddie wrote: yep nmm still not showing if there are updates for mods, is everyone having this problem? is there a file or something i can replace that can fix it???other then that everything works great for me
rayhne wrote: NMM is now showing updates for me.
Timmster wrote: Several of my mods don't seem to be checked for updates at all and some get bogus numbers like "Recruitable NPC Dialogue Fixes" gets 9999.9 for the new version number.

Still an issue in 0.61.22 even with the supposed fix in the patch notes.

UFOP has been updated to 1.01, but still lists as 1.00d in NMM.

Also have No Idiot Savant Noise by givemetehfilez listed as a ? since installation.

No change to either updating or missing ids with latest version.

Question about the CK, The creation kit crashes anytime I try and open up a companion npc, FO4 is now up to date but the same thing keeps happening. I was able to load an exterior area and in the render window. But when trying to open the npc file for Cait, it just crashes the CK. Is this a common problem or am I missing something?

In response to post #37452840.

Darkknightsyndrome wrote: Anyone getting this error that when starting NMM for Fallout 4 it doesn't detect the Fallout4.ini even though it's there? Tried verifying cache, deleting the ini flies start would produce new ones so when restarting NMM with Fallout 4 I get the same error :/

Oh yeah did anyone else notice that the Fallout4Custom.ini is gone in the My games folder or is that still there for everyone else but me?

I have this same issue; any fix yet?