UOP Vampire Face Bug refuses to work

Prenihility

I've suffered this problem for WEEKS. I started a new character. I ditched my old save with hours of gameplay to start over. I've gotten better at using Wrye Bash. Was playing the game just now. Crashed after travelling to the Leyawiin Stables and simply started up the game again. I haven't had a single crash so far, other than on exit, which i fixed. I load up my save. AAAAAAAANNNNND!? ...My female vampire character's face reverted to the male one. YIPEEEEEE!

I disabled the UOP's vampire face bug fixer as per someone's instructions here, since it is included in the bashed patch, which has its .esp enabled. And STILL NOTHING?! CAN THIS GAME EVER WORK? MODDED OR NOT MODDED?!

The fix is included in the bashed patch, but you must manually enable it when building the patch (you must also enable the section which contains it. Can't remember if it's Tweak Settings or another one...).

Edited by forli

The fix is included in the bashed patch, but you must manually enable it when building the patch (you must also enable the section which contains it. Can't remember if it's Tweak Settings or another one...).

Yes, it's Tweak Settings. Made damn sure of it when i started playing. Built the patch, section is enabled, the fix is enabled. This game is just impossible to play without any damn problems. Oblivion is making me very racist right now... And yes, the Bashed Patch is enabled.

The biggest, most problematic piece of garbage that Bethesda has ever made. Unbelievable.

Load order is OUT of the equation here from what i'm seeing. Since the UOP is working and i have many of the fixes in the in-game menu.

Anyone have ANY idea as to what could be going on? At this point, i'll even take "turn it off and on again" as a possible solution because this makes no sense. The Face Bug fix refuses to work.

I'm desperate, now. I just want to go my merry way and play Oblivion. And i haven't been able to do so without any problem for over a month, now.

Here's my load order... I wouldn't know if it's wrong or not. I just know that the UOP is working, and i don't see the Vampire face fix for UOP in my load order, or contained within the main UOP file. As far as i can tell, the UOP Vamp face fix is disabled, since i'm running the Wrye Bash fix with the Bashed Patch.

00 Oblivion.esm
01 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
02 Knights.esp
03 DLCHorseArmor.esp
04 DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
05 DLCOrrery.esp
06 DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
07 DLCSpellTomes.esp
08 DLCVileLair.esp
09 DLCFrostcrag.esp
0A DLCThievesDen.esp
0B Bashed Patch, 0.esp
0C Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
0D Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.5.4a]
0E Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.8]
0F DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.1]
10 DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.12]
11 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.14]
12 DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.6]
13 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.1.8]
14 DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.10]
15 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp [Version 1.0.13]
16 DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.11]
17 DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]
18 DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.8]
19 Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
1A Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
1B Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp
1C OblivionReloadedArenaCombat.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: OblivionReloaded.esp
1D OblivionReloaded.esp
1E Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp [Version 2.0]
1F Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp [Version 2.1.0]
----> Delinquent MASTER: Quest Award Leveller.esp
20 Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp [Version 2.1.0]
----> Delinquent MASTER: Quest Award Leveller.esp
21 Quest Award Leveller.esp [Version 2.0.1]
22 Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp [Version 2.1.0]
23 OBSE Test Plugin.esp

Do you see where it says Delinquent Master ... that is because the order of your mods is wrong. Example 0C Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp requires the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp to work but you have Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp loading below the Citadel fix ESP.

Missing masters = crash.

Use BOSS to sort your load order.

Do you see where it says Delinquent Master ... that is because the order of your mods is wrong. Example 0C Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp requires the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp to work but you have Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp loading below the Citadel fix ESP.

Missing masters = crash.

Use BOSS to sort your load order.

I ran BOSS to update the masterlist. I load up Wrye Bash and look at the mods list, and the Delinquent Masters missing message is still there. In the BOSS log, however, it says there are no errors.

And i would still have the issue of not fixing the face bug if this doesn't affect the Bashed Patch. Or... or does it? Idk anymore...

Best way to use BOSS and Wrye Bash is to run BOSS from Wrye Bash before rebuilding your bashed patch (look in the lower left corner of WB for the icon to start BOSS).

If you have "lock load order" set in WB and then run BOSS from outside of WB (e.g. from your desktop icon) then Wrye will reset the load order to the locked in order it has saved. If you run BOSS from within WB then it will use the new BOSS load order as it's locked in load order.

Best way to use BOSS and Wrye Bash is to run BOSS from Wrye Bash before rebuilding your bashed patch (look in the lower left corner of WB for the icon to start BOSS).

If you have "lock load order" set in WB and then run BOSS from outside of WB (e.g. from your desktop icon) then Wrye will reset the load order to the locked in order it has saved. If you run BOSS from within WB then it will use the new BOSS load order as it's locked in load order.

It doesn't do anything differently once Lock Load Order is unchecked. And there seems to be no option of having BOSS run from WB.

EDIT: D'OH! I remember reading in the Readme about the Trial Run option. Had to uncheck that. Mods were reordered. Now when i try and build the Bashed Patch, it's marked with a red checkmark. I'll have to see about fixing that.

EDIT2: BAH! It's the damn Knights of the Nine Quest Award Leveller esp. It's saying "Improperly Merged File" when trying to build the patch. How can i properly merge it? It worked fine for all of the other esps for Quest Award Leveller.

EDIT3: Alright, i can't even uncheck the Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp. It can only switch from a green check mark to a green circle. Apparently that means it's mergable. But it's not even giving me the option of merging. And i don't know if i mentioned earlier, but the Bashed Patch is shown with a red check mark. Apparently... master files missing? For the Bashed Patch? I don't get it.

Edited by Prenihility