UOP Vampire Face Bug refuses to work

Prenihility

When mods are merged into the bashed patch you need to rebuild the bashed patch with the merged mod you want to remove unticked in the panel on the lower right in Wrye Bash (the one that shows you all of the masters to the current bashed patch). After you have removed it from the bashed patch you can deactivate it. You may need to start a brand new bashed patch if you have deleted a mod that was merged into the bashed patch without removing it properly.

Pretty well everything I know about Wrye Bash I've learned from the two readme files ... Wrye Bash General Readme.html and Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html (both found in the Oblivion\Mopy folder).

Alright. I just simply uninstalled Quest Award Leveller. I now have the other auto leveller mod. I loaded up my vampire save. Still have the male face. FFS.

As for starting a new Bashed Patch, how the hell do i do that? Doesn't seem to be an obvious way of deleting the current one. But i just have a feeling in the end, it still won't work. The readme hasn't said anything about deleting bashed patches. And i can't find an answer elsewhere. Still not nearly as user friendly as Mod Organizer.

Maybe this way:

1. make sure you do not have any load order locks in place (unlock all plugins' load order in MO, and right-click Wrye Bash load order tab plugin list header and make sure "lock load order" is unchecked), then exit all utilities
  2. bluntly delete Bashed Patch, 0.esp using anything you want, like Windows File Explorer or something (find it, like a normal file, then delete)
  3. when you load up Wrye Bash, and it cannot find Bashed Patch, 0.esp, it will copy a default Bashed Patch, 0.esp to your load order, this is completely clean one
  4. move the Bashed Patch to the bottom of your load order
  5. rebuild it with the face bug fix active

And Mod Organizer is a great tool, but it can take knowledge, creativity and lots of independent thinking to use it with Oblivion. If you have any issues with it, Wrye Bash can also install mods. Wrye Bash is not really all that different from MO. The load order and installers are in different tabs, and WB does not use anything virtual to install mods. The only reason I use MO myself, for example, is the ability to keep all mods in their own tidy directories, and to keep the game folder relatively clean (excluding OBSE plugins and such). The profile feature does not work with Oblivion, since you still have all OBSE plugins and such in the actual directory, so the profile feature is not relevant with Oblivion. Which sort of limits the pros of MO quite a bit. To me, it is worth the trouble, but if you run into issues with MO and want to get the game in a playable condition without too much issues with the mod manager, Wrye Bash is a great tool. The installer scheme is not really that complicated, and it even has drag-and-drop install order management like MO.

Edited by Contrathetix

Maybe this way:

1. make sure you do not have any load order locks in place (unlock all plugins' load order in MO, and right-click Wrye Bash load order tab plugin list header and make sure "lock load order" is unchecked), then exit all utilities
  2. bluntly delete Bashed Patch, 0.esp using anything you want, like Windows File Explorer or something (find it, like a normal file, then delete)
  3. when you load up Wrye Bash, and it cannot find Bashed Patch, 0.esp, it will copy a default Bashed Patch, 0.esp to your load order, this is completely clean one
  4. move the Bashed Patch to the bottom of your load order
  5. rebuild it with the face bug fix active

And Mod Organizer is a great tool, but it can take knowledge, creativity and lots of independent thinking to use it with Oblivion. If you have any issues with it, Wrye Bash can also install mods. Wrye Bash is not really all that different from MO. The load order and installers are in different tabs, and WB does not use anything virtual to install mods. The only reason I use MO myself, for example, is the ability to keep all mods in their own tidy directories, and to keep the game folder relatively clean (excluding OBSE plugins and such). The profile feature does not work with Oblivion, since you still have all OBSE plugins and such in the actual directory, so the profile feature is not relevant with Oblivion. Which sort of limits the pros of MO quite a bit. To me, it is worth the trouble, but if you run into issues with MO and want to get the game in a playable condition without too much issues with the mod manager, Wrye Bash is a great tool. The installer scheme is not really that complicated, and it even has drag-and-drop install order management like MO.

I'm getting the hang of WB. MO simply wasn't designed for Oblivion. Although, even Fallout 3 seems to agree with MO much more. I suppose it shows just how much they improved the engine even after just one game, and to not speak of New Vegas, then Skyrim; which does use a different engine, but it's derived from Gamebryo.

Anyway. Keep in mind i'm actually not using MO. It seemed to work, though. I sorted the mods by load order. I deleted the Bashed Patch, and then i started up WB and it built the new one. I rebuilt the patch, made sure the Bashed Patch was checked off, checked off Tweak Settings, along with Vampire Face fix. And, my chick is still a dude...

It didn't work. Why is it refusing to work.

And i'm asking the same question again, because no one (so far) seems to know. Can the face fix EVEN WORK once you've been affected by the glitch? Or is it purely preventative?

Maybe this way:

• make sure you do not have any load order locks in place (unlock all plugins' load order in MO, and right-click Wrye Bash load order tab plugin list header and make sure "lock load order" is unchecked), then exit all utilities
  • bluntly delete Bashed Patch, 0.esp using anything you want, like Windows File Explorer or something (find it, like a normal file, then delete)
  • when you load up Wrye Bash, and it cannot find Bashed Patch, 0.esp, it will copy a default Bashed Patch, 0.esp to your load order, this is completely clean one
  • move the Bashed Patch to the bottom of your load order
  • rebuild it with the face bug fix active

I'm getting the hang of WB. MO simply wasn't designed for Oblivion. Although, even Fallout 3 seems to agree with MO much more. I suppose it shows just how much they improved the engine even after just one game, and to not speak of New Vegas, then Skyrim; which does use a different engine, but it's derived from Gamebryo.

Anyway. Keep in mind i'm actually not using MO. It seemed to work, though. I sorted the mods by load order. I deleted the Bashed Patch, and then i started up WB and it built the new one. I rebuilt the patch, made sure the Bashed Patch was checked off, checked off Tweak Settings, along with Vampire Face fix. And, my chick is still a dude...

And i'm asking the same question again, because no one (so far) seems to know. Can the face fix EVEN WORK once you've been affected by the glitch? Or is it purely preventative?

try Vampire Race Disabler in the link i posted it worked for me

Maybe this way:

• make sure you do not have any load order locks in place (unlock all plugins' load order in MO, and right-click Wrye Bash load order tab plugin list header and make sure "lock load order" is unchecked), then exit all utilities
  • bluntly delete Bashed Patch, 0.esp using anything you want, like Windows File Explorer or something (find it, like a normal file, then delete)
  • when you load up Wrye Bash, and it cannot find Bashed Patch, 0.esp, it will copy a default Bashed Patch, 0.esp to your load order, this is completely clean one
  • move the Bashed Patch to the bottom of your load order
  • rebuild it with the face bug fix active

try Vampire Race Disabler in the link i posted it worked for me

Yeah, sorry. I didn't mean to ignore you or anything. I tried the Vampire Race Disabler already, and then it made me really racist once i tried changing the settings. Apparently, there was an .ini file that gets installed, and i couldn't find it. It disabled vampire eyes, but i wanted to keep them. I suppose i'll give it a try again with WB.

But, still. At this point, i wanna get the UOP fix in WB working.

And speaking of the UOP, where can i find the vampire face fix .esp? I can't find it in WB. The one attached to the UOP, not the Bashed Patch one.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNND. Of COURSE IT DIDN'T WORK. Can't find the Vampire Tweaks setting in my .ini file. And yes, i ran the game. And now you know why i didn't bother with this shitty mod.

Edited by Prenihility

Download UOP version 3.5.4b to a folder and extract to that same folder using 7-Zip. You will now see a new subfolder named Unofficial Oblivion Patch and inside that folder you will find seven folders and three files (Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp, Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp and UOP Vampire Face Aging & Face Fix.esp).

Download UOP version 3.5.4b to a folder and extract to that same folder using 7-Zip. You will now see a new subfolder named Unofficial Oblivion Patch and inside that folder you will find seven folders and three files (Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp, Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp and UOP Vampire Face Aging & Face Fix.esp).

Well, in WB, of course. Because i installed using WB. I don't see the UOP Vampire Face Fix component.

Also, i reloaded my vampire save, and the face is back to normal. I guess the Vampire race disabler worked. But... i can't change the effects. According to the mod creator, a [Vampire Effects] section is created in the Oblivion.ini file. I doesn't seem to be there. GG.

EDIT: I got rid of Vampire race disabler because i got pissed off at the vampire effects not showing in the ini. I loaded up my vampire save after my new male Imperial character save. And thought "Oh MY! It's working!" But it actually isn't. I just did the quick fix for the face being bugged, load other save, load vampire save. But... for some reason, it's working with a male character. Interesting. Shouldn't the load non-vampire save, load vampire save fix work only if your non-vampire save character is FEMALE?

Regardless, though. This is just still a mystery. I've been trying to get this game to work since the winter. And it still won't work.

UOP not working. Bashed Patch not working. What the HELL is going on? My load order is in check thanks to BOSS. What the hell is there left to do? PRAY?!

Edited by Prenihility

If you look at Wrye Bash General Readme.html in the Installing Mods section you'll see a picture right at the start of that section that actually uses UOP version 3.20 as it's example. In version 3.54b the only difference is that it also includes the Citadel Door Fix.esp, so for it you find it along with UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp in the Sub-Packages window in the lower right area of the Installers tab.

I've never used WB's Installers tab for the UOP (it's a simple manual install for me) but I have used it for some of Arthmoor's mods. The only thing I know about WB's Installers tab that isn't covered in the two readme docs is that even though they say you can use drag n' drop into the WB Installers tab it doesn't work ... but copying the downloaded 7z to the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers folder works just fine.

All the woes you've had lead me to believe you have installed the game in a UAC protected location like C:\Program Files (x86)\... (and that goes for where Steam is installed too). That's the last place on the planet you'd ever find me installing a game.

- Edit - Regarding vampirism ... the only thing I know about it is as soon as you get infected drink a cure disease potion. If I don't have a cure disease potion get your butt to a wayshrine or chapel altar immediately. The one and only time I didn't do that and got the warning after I slept I exited and went back to an earlier save from before I got infected. That's how much I know about vampirism.

And for the record ... those saves that lead up to the vampirism message now reside in Cyber Heaven.

Edited by Striker879