UOP Vampire Face Bug refuses to work

Prenihility

Oh. So you avoid vampirism altogether? Ugh. Well, i'm trying to keep mine, with my character's proper face.

Now, if the Drag n' Drop feature doesn't work that well, i must be lucky or something, because i've installed all my mods that way. And all of them work. Other than the ones that can apparently fix vampirism.

And what's wrong with installing in that location? That's Steam's default location. Where else could you install it? Does the same go for the regular Program Files folder?

Will try manually moving the mods into WB... but, it's doubtful at this point.

EDIT: Yeah...

I think my setup is fine. And every single mod has installed beautifully through just dragging and dropping into the Installers tab. Got my load order in check. It's just everything in relation to Vampirism. I don't see how something like UAC would affect something so arbitrary like JUST VAMPIRISM.

Edited by Prenihility

User Account Control (UAC) ... Microsoft's way of protecting you from yourself (well at least in reference to how it treats you and your games ... it does have benefits).

What to do about it ... Oblivion reinstall procedure. Don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam install location. And then there's Bben's more recent Bbens Complete Uninstall/Reinstall for Oblivion.

Yes I have less than zero interest in all things vampire (I believe I may have watched 2 or 3 minutes of Buffy once at my younger daughter's insistence, "Oh Dad, you'll love it" ... soap opera). But vampires needn't feel left out. Zombies et al get an equal amount of loving from me.

Edited by Striker879

The "fix" is setting one single game setting to 0, to prevent vampirism from altering the face "age". You can have the game setting come from Bashed Patch.esp with a form ID of 00xxxxxx or you can have it in the separate face fix file with a form ID of something completely different. The engine looks for a setting named iVampirismAgeOffset and uses the one from the last loaded plugin. This is all there is in the fixes, with both Bashed Patch and the UOP fix loaded, and all that matters is that there is a GMST record by that name with a value of 0:

Where the red "fid" is just to show that form ID does not matter. Only name matters.

You can place the UOP fix esp below Bashed Patch, then load the game. Then you can type in the console this:

GetGameSetting iVampirismAgeOffset

which should print this:

GameSetting iVampirismAgeOffset >> 0

as seen here:

If that works, the face fix is active as it is, and there is something else wrong. Who knows, maybe it actually is pre-emptive. I have never acquired Vampirism without having the fix installed.

Edited by Contrathetix

The "fix" is setting one single game setting to 0, to prevent vampirism from altering the face "age". You can have the game setting come from Bashed Patch.esp with a form ID of 00xxxxxx or you can have it in the separate face fix file with a form ID of something completely different. The engine looks for a setting named iVampirismAgeOffset and uses the one from the last loaded plugin. This is all there is in the fixes, with both Bashed Patch and the UOP fix loaded, and all that matters is that there is a GMST record by that name with a value of 0:

attachicon.giftemp.jpg

Where the red "fid" is just to show that form ID does not matter. Only name matters.

You can place the UOP fix esp below Bashed Patch, then load the game. Then you can type in the console this:

GetGameSetting iVampirismAgeOffset

which should print this:

GameSetting iVampirismAgeOffset >> 0

as seen here:

attachicon.giftemp2.jpg

If that works, the face fix is active as it is, and there is something else wrong. Who knows, maybe it actually is pre-emptive. I have never acquired Vampirism without having the fix installed.

Well i'll be damned. That's what i'm getting, too. But it's still not working. WHY!? Also, i can't help but notice that the [VampireTweaks] entry that is supposed to be created by VampireRaceDisabler is NOT created at all. What the hell is going on? I've uninstalled the game once altogether out of desperation. And at this point, that's just not an option, only a waste of time. UGH... When i get the patience, i'll go to an earlier save before young, beautiful Antonia contracted vampirism from Vicente Valtieri, then i'll get old and fugly from not feeding, save, then reload my save after exiting the game to see if i go into Dude Mode again. That's all i can think of right now. Perhaps John Carmack couldn't even reprogram Oblivion to mathematical perfection.

FML.

Edited by Prenihility

• 2 months later...

Here I am a few months later. Loaded a save before vampirism. Got vampirism. Got to full vampirism,saved. Exited. Loaded the game. And dude-face is back. The only thing I can provide as an indication to the problem is that when I load a save of the same character before they got vampirism, the eyes turn blue for some reason. I chose a different eye colour in the character creator.

I used the console command again to double-check. Same result. Apparently the "fix" is working still. I'm unsure of whether or not I actually modified load order by clicking and dragging in Wrye Bash. I'm assuming that's how it's done. Mods are sorted by Load Order for me, also, when the clicking and dragging was done.

After reading through the thread again something else occurs to me ... what order in your Installers tab is the UOP?

Order in the installers tab is as important as load order is to installed mods. Normally you'd want the UOP up fairly high on the Installers tab list so that other mods that need to overwrite it's changes can do so, but I'm wondering if something lower in your Installers tab list is undoing the UOP vampire fix.

I'm not at home to look up what the Installers tab colour codes mean, so I'm unsure what the UOP being yellow signifies, but I'm pretty certain that red is indicating a problem. It's very doubtful that Natural Environments would have anything to do with the vampire situation (perhaps it's red because of the Qarl packages), but the DisableVampireRace below it isn't something I'd leave hanging around while troubleshooting (the blank box probably means it's not installed, but I'd remove it completely while troubleshooting).

I'm also wondering why you have the Unofficial SI package above the UOP package in the list ... shouldn't they be the other way around, with the UOP above the Unofficial SI?

- Edit - Also just an FYI ... Blockhead (and all OBSE plugins) are best installed manually using copy/paste.

Edited by Striker879

I think I tried to reinstall Blockhead at some point for an unknown reason. I just used WB. I manually installed it before. Very easy. Figured it wouldn't matter. I don't even know what to do in terms of experimentation at this point. Which mods to deactivate. I'm unsure if reordering the mods in the installers tab via clicking and dragging after setting Sort order to - Order (...wtf?) works, either.

EDIT: So funny. I still can't help but laugh at the fact that the Vampire Race Disabler doesn't work either. The Vampire Tweaks section of the .ini that is supposed to be made isn't there. I launch the game with the vamp race disabler installed the manual way, and my vampire aging and glowing eyes are gone. But my face is still male.

I hate this game so much right now.

Edited by Prenihility