Uninstalling a standalone Wyre Bash

I use OBMM, but I downloaded the standalone Wyre Bash to do a face import. I clicked no on the load order popup, I did the the face import, and deleted the whole Wyre Bash folder.

Is there anything else I need to do delete Wyre Bash, or does Wyre Bash leave files behind anywhere else? Thanks

There will be a Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods folder (with subfolders below that) as well as Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy (again with subs below that).

I use disk versions of the game myself, but I think the Steam install location is something like SteamApps\Common\Oblivion or similar. Contrathetix uses the Steam version and perhaps will notice this thread and chime in.

- Edit - Leaving Wrye Bash installed won't hurt anything ... it does absolutely nothing until you run it other than take up a modest amount of hard drive space.

Edited by Striker879

Yep! Striker nailed it. The path is under one of your Steam Library Folders. You do know what they are? If not, you can check which library folders you have defined in your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders. Oblivion should have been downloaded under one of them. If you only have the default library defined (just one in there), the game is under your Steam installation directory. No matter the library folder, the games will always be in "<Steam Library>\steamapps\common\<game>". For example mine is now in "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Oblivion" (moved all games away from C drive because I was having issues storing backups of a 130 GB system partition).

And with Wrye Bash, you should, in your Oblivion folder, have the "Mopy" folder. That one contains Wrye Bash.

Wrye Bash should have an uninstaller. The uninstaller is always the correct way to uninstall a program, while simply deleting the folder is (near) always the bad way, as programs may have tons of files in tons other folders.

Anyway, OBMM is a basic mod manager and you will need, soon or later, the bashed patch, which is only provided by Wrye Bash, so keeping WB is recommended, while you can uninstall OBMM (WB include all useful features from OBMM, which makes the second one redundant).

Yep! Striker nailed it. The path is under one of your Steam Library Folders. You do know what they are? If not, you can check which library folders you have defined in your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders. Oblivion should have been downloaded under one of them. If you only have the default library defined (just one in there), the game is under your Steam installation directory. No matter the library folder, the games will always be in "<Steam Library>\steamapps\common\<game>". For example mine is now in "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Oblivion" (moved all games away from C drive because I was having issues storing backups of a 130 GB system partition).

And with Wrye Bash, you should, in your Oblivion folder, have the "Mopy" folder. That one contains Wrye Bash.

Of course I know about those folders, I looked there already - there is no Mopy folder. I searched my entire HDD, and there is no Mopy anywhere. There was a Mopy in the Wyre Bash archive (Wrye Bash 306 - Standalone Executable https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22368/?), which I have already deleted. I am guessing I did not use the program to do anything to get it to make any folders.

Wrye Bash should have an uninstaller. The uninstaller is always the correct way to uninstall a program, while simply deleting the folder is (near) always the bad way, as programs may have tons of files in tons other folders.

Anyway, OBMM is a basic mod manager and you will need, soon or later, the bashed patch, which is only provided by Wrye Bash, so keeping WB is recommended, while you can uninstall OBMM (WB include all useful features from OBMM, which makes the second one redundant).

You did not read what I initially wrote. I used a standalone version, not the installed version.

Edited by leftisthominid

I believe what is meant by "standalone" is that you just don't need to install Python for it to work. I use the standalone version and those folder paths were taken directly from my install. The file Wrye Bash General Readme.html has complete uninstall instructions in the section titled Uninstallation.

I believe what is meant by "standalone" is that you just don't need to install Python for it to work. I use the standalone version and those folder paths were taken directly from my install. The file Wrye Bash General Readme.html has complete uninstall instructions in the section titled Uninstallation.

No, the standalone means you just extract a folder from the 7z and run the executive. I never ran an installer.

There are three latest versions on the mod page (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22368/?)

-Wrye Bash 306 - Installer.

-Wrye Bash 306 - Python Source

-Wrye Bash 306 Standalone Executable

Anyways, there is no Mopy folder anywhere on my machine, so I guessing it did not make any new folders

Edited by leftisthominid