Cannot Start F:NV

Seleuces

Alright so I've recently bought a new computer since my older one was broken, and I had all my files transferred to this one. I've just copy+pasted the 'Bethesda Softworks' to Program Files(x86) and it's my only game that isn't working correctly.

When I start Fallout, it only shows "Install". I don't really want to reinstall as there's a shitload of mods on here.. so, are there any other options?

Try reinstalling Steam somewhere like C:\Games\Steam\. Then move your \Data folder to C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\Data. Default gamesave location is C:\Users\Username*\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV.

If its installing to Bethesda software, he does not have the steam version..... :pirate:

It might be easier just to log on to Steam and let it reinstall the game (to a different directory) and then transfer your old files to the new install. However, since the new patch and the discounted FNV offer their servers seem a bit overworked at present.

[sorry, must remember to update page before posting (I compose in Notepad before cutting an pasting to reply and sometimes get interrupted during the process!]

Edited by maboru

Buy the game :rolleyes:

With is a legal version, it's as simple as signing on to your steam account and reinstalling the game.

If you don't have steam, then you are a thief and have stolen the game. :pirate:

This is a NO PIRATE site.

Thread locked

Banned for Piracy

Bben46, Moderator