How do I save changes to a Mod?

ltknight88

I have over 100 mods. And I have used the creation kit to make changes and small tweaks to many of them. Things like changing the weight or armor value of an item.

Today I learned that if I deactivate a mod using the NMM, and then reactivate it, the changes I made are lost...

I will be upgrading my computer soon, and I want to bring the tweaked mods to the new computer.

How can I save the my changes to these mods???

Thanks!!

For anyone using "Mod Organiser" - the esp you adapt will be removed from the mods folder & placed into Mod Organiser's overwrite folder. When you have made the changes you want you can simply cut the adapted esp from your overwrite folder & place it back into the mods data folder. (It's a good idea to make a back up copy if you make a lot of changes).

If you make changes & then decide you don't want to keep them make sure you delete the adapted esp from your overwrite folder before reinstalling the original mod, or the adapted esp will keep being used :D

• 1 year later...

For anyone using "Mod Organiser" - the esp you adapt will be removed from the mods folder & placed into Mod Organiser's overwrite folder. When you have made the changes you want you can simply cut the adapted esp from your overwrite folder & place it back into the mods data folder. (It's a good idea to make a back up copy if you make a lot of changes).

If you make changes & then decide you don't want to keep them make sure you delete the adapted esp from your overwrite folder before reinstalling the original mod, or the adapted esp will keep being used :D

Thank you!

If I did the standard installation, Where is NMM and the Overwrite folders located??

Is it the BAK Files located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Backup

That seems like the right time based on when I made changes today.

Thanks!!

Edited by ltknight88