morrowind: retail vs steam

hector530

i was hoping morrowind would have a 75% off sale during steam's summer sale. but looks like it'll stay at 25% off which is 15 dollars. 5 less then retail. the main reason i would want steam is that i wouldn't have to use a CD. ive lost 2 morrowinds but strangely never the x-pac CDs.

is there a main differences between the two? i hear that you to have modify the date of steam version so it could be moddable and that it doesnt came/you cant install the construction set?

And the fact you don't get the Construction Set, which is only obtainable via the disc version.

If you're not in for modding youself, Steam's the way to go. Mods themselves work just fine on it.

Edited by Pronam

And the fact you don't get the Construction Set, which is only obtainable via the disc version.

If you're not in for modding youself, Steam's the way to go. Mods themselves work just fine on it.

i like modifilng mods for my own use. o well i mainly just want to play it with http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5535

i think i might have still the Construction Set CD would i be able to use it with steam?