Long shot idea - help needed

Devestational

Hello everyone! I understand this forum is more of a 'throw your ideas out there and hope for the best' kind of thing, but many mod users, such as myself, sometimes have ideas for a mod but have no modding experience.

Yes, I'm looking for someone, or more than one person, to help guide me through the modding process and possibly tackle some of the more advanced aspects for me. Yes, I have been reading instructions and watching Youtube videos on how to use the Creation Kit, but I am not of a technical mind and find myself becoming mightily confused within just a few steps. (Sad, I know.)

Basically I have an idea for a mod, but unfortunately I can't do it alone.

Message me for details, yes?

Short but sweet, and straight to the point. :3

many mod users, such as myself, sometimes have ideas for a mod but have no modding experience.

Every single mod author has started like that.

I think if you're going to request help from others it would be beneficial to do the groundwork first, very few people are going to spend their valuable time and effort on something that's a complete unknown. You can read instructions and watch youtube videos all day but at the end of the day you'll be no further in actual CK experience. You need to dive in.

Therefore: work through the tutorials on the right-hand side of this page: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Category:Tutorials - just boot up the CK and start working through them. They will help you understand how the CK works, how certain game concepts tie together, and get the basic skills needed to build a mod. Then you can start working towards what you want to build, and if you're missing knowledge along the way (and you will), THAT would be a good time to ask on the forums, google for answers, or look at youtube videos.

One thing to remember: you need to be able to walk before you can run. People have the wildest ideas, I see them on the request forums all the time, but they don't have a clue about the immense amount of time and effort it would take to implement them. Think big, but start small.