[M] Save and Normal Save?

jjb54

I'm not sure what is going on here:

I will get - [M] Save - when I save a game, started today. All prior saves were NOT SHOWING???

But I closed the game down, *Yes I saved, just in case* .... as I was trying to see if a new texture for the pip-boy would work, it did. :)

Then came back, to see if I activated the clear screen on the pip-boy and did, but saved just to insure - New Save in both cases. :)

But ... the newer game was back to the normal listing of my prior saves, but not the RECENT [M] Save.

It seems to go 'back and forth' and is a little confusing.

I did back up all my current saved games, as this is starting to make me wonder what is going on?

they made a new update in wich they added a modding menu where you can find mods uploaded to the bethesda site.

if you enable any mod doesnt matter if it is from the ingame modding or nmm the next save file you load up and actually save in will be flagged as modded wich means achivements and trophies are disabled.

they made this for the soon to be released console update where console users are able to download and use mods via the ingame mod downloader.

lets hope they will revert the idea of not earning achievements when using mods.

they made a new update in wich they added a modding menu where you can find mods uploaded to the bethesda site.

if you enable any mod doesnt matter if it is from the ingame modding or nmm the next save file you load up and actually save in will be flagged as modded wich means achivements and trophies are disabled.

they made this for the soon to be released console update where console users are able to download and use mods via the ingame mod downloader.

lets hope they will revert the idea of not earning achievements when using mods.

Wait, am I reading that right / correctly .. if you have a mod(s) ... just how exactly are achivements and trophies are disabled..." ? What does "Disabled" actually mean?

I do not want me or others to think, we are not able to move the game forward and not get our awards and such.

Thanks! :)

It means you can't earn achievements while playing with mods. Although I haven't even been able to get my mods working with 1.5 yet so I don't know if this still happens (I read about it happening while in beta).

Edited by ma1025

well that SUCKS ... if it is the case.

Why should a mod block "Achievements"?

I have a mod that simply changes how Dogmeat looks. Nothing more, thus "Achievements" are turned off and you are SOL.

What next - you cannot play FALLOUT 4 unless you get the mods from them?????

It's probably because mods are coming to consoles and Bethesda is worried they'll use mods to unlock achievements/trophies; as if it's a huge concern for a single player game. Who cares if they do?

I always felt like console mods were going to cause trouble.

Anyway, you can give this mod a try: Achievements.

The irony.

Edited by ma1025

Wow, so let me get this straight - It's my game and if I choose to "cheat" or not, that is my call. Since when did Bethesda get into the Players Conscience Concerns?

I mean, the mods that I use are "eye candy" mods.

I changed Dogmeat to a different dog.

I have a summer - green grass and such.

I have it so Deacon is playing the "FLASH" with all his FTL clothes changes.

So these are concerns to Bethesda, why?

. o O (Yes, I know you and others have no idea.)

I just get tired of buying a game and then being told, "This is our conviction on how we want YOU to play the game you bought with your $$$."

Next it will be only Bethesda's Mods that will work with the game and we will need a patch to overwrite that.

I swear, I see it coming ... "The "Back Door", of what they tried to do with Skyrim and the "Pay for Mods" failure."

Thanks for the link - I will go check it out. :)

What is the point of the 'thanks for participating' trophies called achievements?

To me it was always just an annoying little message in the right hand corner of my screen popping up all the time. Boring...

I will not debate that .. as I completely see your point.

I just equally find it annoying that Bethesda seems to think they need to "play our conscience" and while 98% of my mods are simply 'texture overhauls' - changes Deacon so he is not the FLASH in changing all the freaking time and Dogmeat is a different dog ... and Nick is texture is upgraded. I mean, those are serious 'cheat' mods, right????

I just find Bethesda is just getting more and more 'sad' ... in telling us / controlling how we choose to play OUR GAME.