BBB and Body parts

Karkull

I have been trying to get all the armor and clothing I have added to work properly, but it seems only some work and others do not. I have install the suggested skeletons and other mods by the authors. The problem with the armor and clothing is it stretches to infinity or doesn't show some parts.

I also have been trying to get the BBB to work with the animations I have install, but they seem to be missing something as they do not work either. I have the animations working for walking and standing still, but the BBB does not seem to be active.

Any help would be great! 8D

thanks.

The 'stretching to infinity' is caused by using the incorrect skeleton (or correct skeleton installed in incorrect folder). I use Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeleton, Rivelle's HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 and fore's NoMaaM Animation Replacer. There are however many newer mods (especially the latest high heel mods) that have other skeleton requirements. Generally these skeletons will be backwards compatible with older armor, clothing and animations, but check the mod description, comments and readme for a complete picture.

Best way to check for BBB working is with a nude character and/or NPCs. Once you see your animations working correctly nude, you'll know if a particular mods clothing or armor doesn't bounce it's because of that particular mod and not a general problem. Simplifies troubleshooting. Any further help will require specifics of the skeleton, body, animations and armor/clothing you're trying to get working.

I followed your advice and the mods worked on the nude. I am using the same skeleton and have been trying to get Trashdog clothing to work and its BBB along with a few others DMRA BBB Seductive Poison Armors with Bouncing Butt as well as others like it.

I am also having trouble with the OBSE. I tried to add CUTE Elfs and it tells me it cant detect OBSE. I have it in the oblivion folder and cant seem to figuer it out.

Do you have the steam version? I've seen some threads where some OMODs wouldn't install because they couldn't detect obse_loader.exe in the Oblivion folder, even though you don't need it for OBSE to work with the steam version. The solution was just to put it in there anyway.

The way that armor and clothing works is the item of clothing/armor becomes that particular part of the body. That's why it's important to match the armor and clothing to the body type you have selected. The other variable is BBB ... if it's working on the nude body and not on the clothed one then the clothing isn't BBB enabled. Quite often popular armor and clothing have a BBB enabled version. Usually you need to install the original first and then the BBBed version. The required texture files come from the original and the BBBed mesh comes from the BBB update (and you will normally find the BBBed version in the same location as the original). Many of the latest armors and clothing come BBBed right from the onset.

If it's Trashdogs SPB Curvaceous you're after then completely uninstall the Rivelle's omod, install the SPB Curvaceous and then after you've confirmed nude BBB with that body install jojjo's Dread Knight Armor and Weapons and Drake Knight Armor and Weapons (required for texture files would be my guess) then Trashdogs SPB Curvaceous Shop followed by Thelios' BBB for Trashdogs SPB Curvaceous Shop (for the BBB enabled meshes). Install order is important here ... whatever is installed last is what the game will try to use and display.

Thanks for the help. It seems I was missing some BBB and other texture/mesh. For the most part everything is working now, I just need to go through to make sure I have all the proper BBB and such.

I am using the steam version of oblivion. Is it just as good as the CD version or is it any different?

The Steam version is just as good provided you get Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) properly installed and working. Many newer mods require OBSE (generally those that are outside the clothing/armor category). Make sure you install the correct files for Steam in the correct folder (read obse_readme.txt after you unzip the download).