Going to make a motorcycle mod.

Fragilicious

Really? Huh, I was looking around the Skyrim CS for mounts and their associated scripts. if that is the case, it may be worth me looking at the FO4 CS for Vertibirds and seeing how they are handled.

Thanks Rad!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update. Been working lots this past week. Not done much by way of mod development. Mostly spent what time I had picking at the existing mount mechanics in Skyrim. Still going onwards though, even if only with small steps.

TLDR:

Model - Done

Texture - Not Done

Scripting/Coding - in Progress

So far, only the model itself is complete, along with a skeleton and full animating functionality. I wanted to get a feel for what would need to be animated, what it would look like, and invest time into something I really don't like doing (just so I don't drop the project through boredom ^^). Currently, I am researching how to turn that model into a mountable vehicle.

From what I can gather so far, the only mountable object in FO4 (the vertibird) is considered a creature, and not an actual vehicle. I am following this path of reasoning into Skyrim where the mounts are both literally and figuratively 'creatures'. I feel like I will be creating the motorbike to be more like a steed. Though that probably brings it's own issues with not having the blasted thing wander off (knowing my luck lol).

TLDR:

Model - Done

Texture - Not Done

Scripting/Coding - in Progress

It's not planned. Not until I get a lot better at modding at least. Can you imagine danse riding like that?

I would suggest a simple script that basically spawns a bike for Companions to ride when you're mounted, and despawns when you are not. Same animations and what-not should apply.

I'd go further and say mounting requires a check to see if you are in an Indoor cell or Outdoor, and not permit the bike indoors. Same for Companions.

Which brings me to other tangential thoughts:

Do you have a HUD like when in Power Armor or on the Vertibird? Will there be a mounted weapon option for the HUD? Or does it force 3rd person perspective?

And, lastly, what are the odds of adding this vehicle to the leveled lists so that we can have Raiders on bikes who attack you, or chase you down, too?

:)

Edited by Flowerguy360

Hopefully the spawning a bike thing should be easy. I was thinking of having a first person view, but nothing too fancy. No PA hud or anything, just you and the handlebars. I was paying no mind at all to weapons, as I was intending for this to be a pure fast travel replacer. However, that raider chase just blew my mind!

Can you imagine?! There you are, you have a big haul of salvage and you're on your on your way back to sanctuary. Then you hear the distinct sound of a chopper over-revving, quickly followed by ecstatic hooting and cheering. Then comes the dreaded call "TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!".

I'm probably going to have to inlist help for that one, but daym, that will work.