Forced to not enjoy my game :(

sophiextime

Thank you. i am watching both of these. There was also a holotape one but it sound tricky to find in-game and is a one-of use. Plus again for me personally i feel like the bed, it would become an object in-game that effects my immersion.

Just a MOD that re-enables the save options in the main menu will be perfect, even better to re-enable the F5 quick save.

I understand many will be quite happy having to find beds or holotapes or any object to use, drink, maybe even a flare they launch into the sky to save on survival mode and i am happy for them but its not for me.

I dont think i am alone in feeling that saving has nothing at all to do with immersion or survival difficulty. Its a mechanic, not a challenge, it just bugs me that this mechanic has been broken and until a mod re-enables the save options in my main menu and or the F5 quick save i have to find another game to play.

I appreciate the link and will carefully decide which to use. I am nervous about adjusting my ini files to be able to save but i guess if this is the only way to do it i will consider it.

ahh it's not that tricky.... trust me i have like 29 holotapes, just try to as often as possible entering building.... most holotapes is inside building or most notably inside desk safe dresser etc. it's not impossible to drops from creature but very rare if comparing from simply looting raider invested building

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am officially done with Survival Mode.

I am sick of it on my Institute character where I have to leg it to any location on the map from the ruins of CIT, sick of it on my Railroad character where my Vertibird keeps dragging Deathclaws into my settlements or hitting defend point quests, sick of losing hours of play-time whenever the game inevitably crashes, sick of having to spend extended periods of time running through the now empty Wasteland to complete repeatable quests, and sick of having to run myself ragged managing resources and equipment I have placed all over the map.

And the worst part of it? They turned off achievements for modded games so there is not even a cosmetic reason to put up with all of this garbage.

I think I have proven to myself, after completing Far Harbor on Survival Mode with my Railroad Character, that I can play this game on Survival Mode and win. So for the sake of my mental sanity I will put my Institute character on the Hard Setting and get on with the rest of my life.

I will of course remember to eat, drink and sleep regularly as well as travel by foot when it will not take too long but that will all be on me.

Edited by CyrusAmell

Hey guys, my problem is a bit different, when I launch the game, I'm at the moment when you need to "press a key to start", so I do it and after I can't click nowhere anymore, I can't go to the option or continue my game, I tried to disabled all my mod, but nothing change....anyone has the same problem ?

You posted in a thread that had nothing to do with what you're asking, hence no replies. I messaged you something I had happen that may be a solution to your problem, but yeah. Try to post your question somewhere relevant next time heh.