Are Medion Desktop Towers good for gaming

I have a choice between 2 medion computers. I will upgrade the pc if necessary

The first one is a Medion Erazer £469

Intel icore3 550m

ITb hard drive

ATI radeon HD 5570 graphics card( Im changing this)

4Gb ram(making this 6)

I want to only play fallout new vegas and mod for it thats the only game i will play

The secon desktop is a Medion P3350 Desktop tower £400

Intel Icore 3 540m

500gb hard drive

Nvidia 310m 512mb(im changing this)

4gb Ram

I can upgrade these PC's but which is the right one to get. I dont need a super computer that will make crysis 2 a 3d movie all i want is to play fallout new vegas on ultra high settings and be able to make awesome mods.

Intel icore3 550m

ITb hard drive

4Gb ram(making this 6)

I want to only play fallout new vegas and mod for it thats the only game i will play

Intel Icore 3 540m

500gb hard drive

4gb Ram

I can upgrade these PC's but which is the right one to get. I dont need a super computer that will make crysis 2 a 3d movie all i want is to play fallout new vegas on ultra high settings and be able to make awesome mods.

Doesn't seem to be huge difference between those two, so I think either will do - My last 2 desktops have been Medions and for their price, I think they're a pretty good deal - Mine's similar to the top one though with an AMD chip and a radeon 6450 and I can play NV on full settings - I would be wary of shifting too many components out though, we changed a few pieces on my g/f's medion and it was alaways a bit finnicky after that, even though trying different drivers on HCL compatible upgrades.

Don't know of the maker, suspect UK based. As for suggestions, if you're going to buy a pre-built PC, make sure it has room for any change to components. Most manufacturers don't list motherboard models, so it can be hard to know until after you've bought it and opened the case. Nothing makes you have buyers remorse more than buying a PC to find that the graphics card is onboard, there is no AGP slot, and the 1 pci slot is for a network card. Or realizing that the motherboard only supports up to 2gb of RAM in an outdated standard.

Personally, I would look for something with an i5 minimum. an i3 at this stage is really only practical for office computers. You won't be able to play any games on anything slower than 1.5 ghz, and most newer games need atleast 2.1. Videocard (512 mb VRAM minimum suggested) and RAM (4gb system ram suggested) you can manage with being a little lacking on, processor, you cannot. If it means scrounging and saving for another month instead of buying now, you should really wait and get yourself something which can actually do what you want instead of a business computer which will probably end up being little better than a paperweight in 6 months.

Don't know of the maker, suspect UK based. As for suggestions, if you're going to buy a pre-built PC, make sure it has room for any change to components. Most manufacturers don't list motherboard models, so it can be hard to know until after you've bought it and opened the case. Nothing makes you have buyers remorse more than buying a PC to find that the graphics card is onboard, there is no AGP slot, and the 1 pci slot is for a network card. Or realizing that the motherboard only supports up to 2gb of RAM in an outdated standard.

Personally, I would look for something with an i5 minimum. an i3 at this stage is really only practical for office computers. You won't be able to play any games on anything slower than 1.5 ghz, and most newer games need atleast 2.1. Videocard (512 mb VRAM minimum suggested) and RAM (4gb system ram suggested) you can manage with being a little lacking on, processor, you cannot. If it means scrounging and saving for another month instead of buying now, you should really wait and get yourself something which can actually do what you want instead of a business computer which will probably end up being little better than a paperweight in 6 months.

The first pc is 3.2Ghz and the second is 3.06Ghz so playing games will be fast not slow

Clock speed isn't everything that's important about a processor.

Both are not in any way meant or useful for gaming.

Why buy a new computer and modify, it losing warranty in the process?

There is a chance that these computers are low profile which means the 5570 is the fastest card you can get.

The first pc is 3.2Ghz and the second is 3.06Ghz so playing games will be fast not slow

Mistyped... meant 2.5ghz and 3.1 respectively. But as Erik pointed out, speed isn't everything. i3 processors are generally used only for business situations because they cannot cope with the demands of games and graphics work.

Intel icore3 550m

ITb hard drive

4Gb ram(making this 6)

Intel Icore 3 540m

500gb hard drive

4gb Ram

Hi DemocraticAlliance15,

the short answer is take the 1st one.

But, to be honest there are some points you should think about. The Core i3 is a dual core cpu, especially made for business and low end computers. I would prefer a i5, they aren't more expansive i think. If you want to change the graphic card, why you don't save the money for the build in and buy a computer with the one you want? If you want to play Fallout in ultra high with mods you should take a radeon hd6850. Btw, you don't need to upgrade from 4 to 6GB of Ram, save the money.

My suggestion for a "cheap" computer like the ones from Medion would be:

Core i5 cpu, 1TB HDD, Radeon HD6850, 4GB Ram

Maybe you can have a look in a computer retail store.

hope it helps,

Sarah

Btw, Medion is a big german computer company, in the US it is called Tevion. You can find the products in superstores like Aldi.