Disturbing Bruma guard glitch

Kouh

So it's like this, I've been playing this game for quite sometime and installed a few mods. Recently I've noticed a weird and disturbing glitch with some, not all, of the guards in Bruma. As I walk to the east gate I can see the usual guards standing in front of the gates, and as I get closer I notice that the armor replacer had an effect on one of the guards (who would have thought that one of them was a woman under that bulky vanilla armor). Anyway, I was getting closer to the gates when I decide to pickpocket one of the guards (the female one) and I get caught. When the guard angrily turns around to arrest me, to my surprise the guard woman had a MAN'S face. So I'm like "WTF?!?!?!?!!!! what's going on here??. So I start to troubleshoot with the mods I installed, and one by one turning them on and off to see which one was the problem. At the end none of the mods were the problem because the guard kept the face.

Are there female guards in Bruma? or Were these guards misshapen because of a mod I have? and finally Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck with these freaks?

Thank you for any help received.

Go to your Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Armor\townguardbru\m\ folder and delete/move/rename the cuirass.nif. See if that fixes it.

Nevermind, if that was the problem then all the guards would be wearing female armor... I'd say it's definitely a mod problem. Maybe one of them changes the guard's gender through a script, so the face stays the same but the game recognizes the guard as female.

Edited by fg109

Gender is saved in your savegame. I had that happen when i changed the gender of a guard NPC in a mod through the toolset. Afterward, he had the new male face, but the old female body (and sexywalk). I'm pretty sure it's fixable with a console command.