120 days for SKYRIM!

megajaja

After having experienced FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS thus far, I think I'll just wait about two years while they release all their updates, patches, DLCs and what have you, then I'll buy the SKYRIM GOTY.

After having experienced FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS thus far, I think I'll just wait about two years while they release all their updates, patches, DLCs and what have you, then I'll buy the SKYRIM GOTY.

Bethesda didn't make fallout new vegas if I remember correctly

like the guy above me and im sure the next 10 post will. NV wasnt developed by Bethesda, Obsidian made it.

Ah... but Bethesda made Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3, did they not?

Am I the only one who sees a pattern?

Does anyone really expect Skyrim to be any different?

After four or five patches, three to five DLCs and about a year's worth of community-made content, including unofficial patches and bugfixes, it will likely then be worth coming off some hard-earned cash for.

And that's not even getting into the money we'll need to spend to upgrade our rigs so we can play it at a decent framerate without switching off all the graphics trimmings...

...but just for the record, I'm not trying to be a Bethesda-hater here. I love these games -- playing them and modding them -- which is why I hang around here.

It's not just Bethesda or Obsidian. Over the last couple of years any PC game I've purchased has been less than impressive until it's aged a bit, undergone several official patches and been modded by the community. Bio-Ware does the same thing to us with the Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises, for example. I'm just calling them like I see them.

I'm not saying they're unplayable when they're initially released.

I'm just saying that at some point they look at it and make a decision that, while the product still contains many flaws, they've fixed enough of them to go ahead and release it. After all, they can always fix the rest later on, and while they're at it they can make some more money selling additional expansions with content that they should or could have included in the original game to begin with. It's a money-making industry. This stuff is planned.