Can't switch to 3rd person view

gmg2dave

• 1 year later...

seems alot of people are haveing controller related issues ....

i play fallout 4 with a steam controller and for the most part its been fine. however i have lost the use of some of my buttons in game. i have checked in big picture mode and the controller buttons still work so i don't think this is a controller hardware issue.

i first lost the use of button underneath one of the paddle buttons but as i hardly used this button i just ignored the issue and played on.
then i lost the use of the top bumper buttons witch i had rebind to B and U. if i press B or U on the key board while playing they work as i had configured them to work but the controller does nothing.

now at over a 1000 hrs in i have lost the use of the start hold button which takes you in and out of workshop mode... the button still works for changing from third to first person but i can only enter workshop mode by going to the workshop table.

i am pulling my hair out at this stage as starting a new game is really not an option any ideas on how to resolve this major game issue would be fantastic

has anyone found a solid solution yet?