Can't switch to 3rd person view

gmg2dave

Just as the title say, for some reason the middle mouse button has stopped working and I am stuck in first person view, which means no screenshots. <grumble>

I have installed nothing in my game that would change the original hot keys, nor have I even tried to mess about with any of these settings, but for some reason, it just stopped working. Tried loading an older save game, tried creating a new save game, etc. And still having the same issue.

Anyone have any idea what could have caused this??

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am now encountering this, also. I am only 1 minute into the game with this character, and trying to debug my load order. With a lot of mods enabled, I can go into third person view, but my character has no hands. Without the mods, I cannot go into third person view. I do not remember if it was this way several years ago when I was playing this game. Possibly, I am not meant to be able to go into 3rd person until I equip a pipboy or something?

But when I search for other people talking about this issue, all I can find is people making fun of other people for asking about something so simple.

Then again, this discussion here suggests there might also be something intermittent about third person view?

Try to use this console command :

EnablePlayerControls 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Can`t remember if you need to type 1 nine or ten times. But you can try both ways. It`s just in case some script disabled your pov controls and failed to enable

Also can try this one :

ForceEnablePlayerControls

Try to use this console command :

EnablePlayerControls 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Can`t remember if you need to type 1 nine or ten times. But you can try both ways. It`s just in case some script disabled your pov controls and failed to enable

Also can try this one :

ForceEnablePlayerControls

I wound up just playing through into the vault where third person view unlocked and then used that save for testing my load order.

I probably should have made careful note of that point for other people's benefit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

hey i've been searching for a solution everywhere. I downloaded sim settlements 2 and f4se, followed every bloody instruction, and now whenever i plug my afterglow corded xbox 1 controller in i lose the ability to enter third person or workshop mode unless i unplug the controller and use the keyboard. this is getting insanely frustrating.