ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Cleaning the wasteland mod suggestion

SignorNessuno

I know maybe this mod suggestion sounds a little "weird".

But Have you ever seen how dirty is the wasteland? Especially when we explore it.

There are a lot of debris, waste or scrap that could be converted back to our settlement, considering the continuous use we have during our crafting.
Certainly if abused would lead to the "cleaning" of the entire Boston, crashing the game, making some areas inaccessible, because we have "scrapped". Or create some collision.
But I would prefer to be more on the trash, and the various objects that we find.
Fences, debris, dead bodies, objects and debris in many levels hinder our progress, or otherwise, "pollute" the streets and buildings in Boston.
Of course the alternative is also possible to build platforms where in some places you can not access due to structural failure.
Or create improvised defenses, when you are fighting against the enemies and do not find sufficient coverage.
Moreover, because only loot the bodies of creatures or humans killed by us when we can reuse them as "fertilizer", meat for the bbq (and a way a bit smarter to use the perk cannibalism, Animal Friend / Wasteland Whisperer and Ghoulish) or other useful items to use for our crafting, like robots. Those who do not you want us to break down some Sentry or Synth and reuse its parts once defeated?
What do you think?

Problem here is that you would have to make the entirety of the map buildable like a settlement. that presents a lot of possible problems.

Explain this for me please.

Not necessarily: all the "build" options are removed. We can only "scrap" or "recycle" all that we find.

Edited by SignorNessuno

The scrapping interface is built on top of the buildablearea entries, obviously. You scrap by opening the workshop mode. It might be possible to launch it outside of that and assign it to a workshop resource container but without a good example of how that's possible, I'm all out of ideas.

You could theoretically take a settlement's borders and set every boundary to something like 100,000 so it would envelope the entire map. On my computer I had issues with the other modders who got overzealous at expanding settlements because of the buildable areas bleeding into too many other cells and being really resources intensive. I suppose you could instal a scrap everything mod and adjust the borders and just try to give the map a quick, top to bottom scrapping, then disable that plugin.

Edited by seekingthesun

The scrapping interface is built on top of the buildablearea entries, obviously. You scrap by opening the workshop mode. It might be possible to launch it outside of that and assign it to a workshop resource container but without a good example of how that's possible, I'm all out of ideas.

You could theoretically take a settlement's borders and set every boundary to something like 100,000 so it would envelope the entire map. On my computer I had issues with the other modders who got overzealous at expanding settlements because of the buildable areas bleeding into too many other cells and being really resources intensive. I suppose you could instal a scrap everything mod and adjust the borders and just try to give the map a quick, top to bottom scrapping, then disable that plugin.

Sounds good! :D

I have tried this with the Creation Kit, with just few clicks here and there i was able to remove pretty much all the debris, trash piles and skeletons from the entire common wealth...

"But wait, why is this not a mod"

Well sadly this creates a massive Cell-Reset Bug for my game, Don't Know if i did something wrong or what. but keeping the wasteland dirty so far is the best option, of course some mods mentioned above will do the job for settlements mark areas only of course.