My experience and advice regarding 1.5 patch and mods.

Fatalmasterpiece, on 07 May 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

Just use the latest version of NMM and don't touch Bethesda's mod menu... it's really as simple as that.

Word!

Is there a write-up or post that explains how this can be made to happen?

Steam achievements aren't a choice.

Part of the contract a game developer signs with Steam, is that the game must include achievements and the achievements cannot be trivial (such as autocompletion on first launch).

As for why Steam requires games to have achievements ... youtube search: B F Skinner and his study of lab rats/pigeons and operant conditioning ;)

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Steam achievements aren't a choice.

Part of the contract a game developer signs with Steam, is that the game must include achievements and the achievements cannot be trivial (such as autocompletion on first launch).

As for why Steam requires games to have achievements ... youtube search: B F Skinner and his study of lab rats/pigeons and operant conditioning :wink:

extrinsic reward motivators have had little impact on me so far, but I am acknowledged to be a rarity by those who know me, I explored all of skyrim before doing 10 misc quests

but ah, that at least explains the annoying aspects of the whole steam achieves I don't care about, I don't get why others care either, usually the achieves aren't even achievements, I'll respect dark souls achieves, or beating a single world stage of silver surfer (I know how hard it is) but this, meh it's just time spent :3

Fatalmasterpiece, on 07 May 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

Just use the latest version of NMM and don't touch Bethesda's mod menu... it's really as simple as that.

Word!

Is there a write-up or post that explains how this can be made to happen?

I don't know what else to tell you. I've never even so much as touched the in-game mod menu. Why would you when your mods are activated with NMM?

Install Nexus Mod Manager (latest version), open it, go to plug ins tab, sort your load order, select the green check mark to activate all plugins if they are not already, click "Launch Fallout 4", click "Play", don't touch the in game mod menu... It's really as simple as that. That's all I do and it works fine.

I have found that anytime I disable an installed mod through NNM then the whole set of mods I have installed are unmarked. I have gotten used to going into the plug-in tab on NNM and selecting the enable check mark and enabling all mods, even though they show as being enabled. This way, when I exit NNM and start the game, only the mods I disabled will actually be disabled and all others will be enabled.

Too many times, I have disabled a mod, closed NNM, and started the game only to find that all my mods were disabled. I would have to quit out of the game, go back into NNM, enter the plug-in tab, and enable the mods, then restart the game. This way, if I enable before I exit NNM, the mods I want will be activated when I start the game.

I have found that anytime I disable an installed mod through NNM then the whole set of mods I have installed are unmarked. I have gotten used to going into the plug-in tab on NNM and selecting the enable check mark and enabling all mods, even though they show as being enabled. This way, when I exit NNM and start the game, only the mods I disabled will actually be disabled and all others will be enabled.

Too many times, I have disabled a mod, closed NNM, and started the game only to find that all my mods were disabled. I would have to quit out of the game, go back into NNM, enter the plug-in tab, and enable the mods, then restart the game. This way, if I enable before I exit NNM, the mods I want will be activated when I start the game.

If you have the most recent version of NMM, might want to report that bug. I can't confirm, as I went back to the 0.61.18 version when they messed things up with .19 and .20, and haven't bothered updating since.

It works perfectly fine for me, and as they seem to have been basing their recent changes on the way Bethesda is doing things, I don't plan on updating until they fix all the things that were broken in their attempt to follow a broken system (when they had one that worked perfectly fine before hand).

If you have the most recent version of NMM, might want to report that bug. I can't confirm, as I went back to the 0.61.18 version when they messed things up with .19 and .20, and haven't bothered updating since.

It works perfectly fine for me, and as they seem to have been basing their recent changes on the way Bethesda is doing things, I don't plan on updating until they fix all the things that were broken in their attempt to follow a broken system (when they had one that worked perfectly fine before hand).

I am on the latest version, 0.61.23 and have no problem, each time I start it or add/remove a mod the * stays where it should. I did have same problem as you when the 1.15 patch come out though, that the * vanished. But now it all working just fine, for me that is. If junglerat70 using the latest version and the mod's get disabled, then report the bug, it shouldn't do that now.

That's a weird bug, none of that on my end. I do however have an issue where the whole side where the check boxes are for each mod disappears in NMM and I can't see the boxes anymore to check them off, and the only way to fix it is to close NMM and open it back up. It will randomly do this when switching between the plugins and mods tabs.