I lost my...

Lehcar

...Cavity virginity. :sad:

I have 3 (very) small cavities between a couple of my teeth in the upper right part of my mouth. (right in between so they could only see them on X-ray)... I cannot feel them, but you can see the slight gray spots on the sides on the x-ray, and I do not want them to progress.

Going in on Monday, to get drilled and filled, i guess.

I'm scared to death. They said they're going to freeze which means a needle in my gum. How much will it hurt? How long will it take for my teeth to go back to normal? Am I going to have to go through the difficulty of getting them replaced every 10 years?

I feel so down and sad right now. My problem is I haven't been flossing right. I swear in school I was told to not go that deep because you can injure your gums. Damn them. :(

Now the whole thing has led to a fight between my mom and dad over who will pay for it. Dad said some really nastly things about me to my mom through text message and now I feel even worse. I'm sad, I'm hurt, and I also really hate myself right now.

I don't know how this could happen, curse me for actually swallowing the rubbish they spouted at me in elementary school. I just hope the shape of my teeth doesn't get messed up so my retainer will still fit properly.

I want to die right now. I'm sitting here having a glass of milk. I wish I could feel happier.

Edited by Lehcar

The two times I had to get a cavities filled, it was hardly anything. Then again, some people think that I have a somewhat high tolerance for pain. Since you have a retainer, I assume you've had braces? I recall my regular brace adjustments being MUCH more painful and uncomfortable than a drill and fill.

Plus, it's pretty crappy that your cavities have caused drama. Nobody needs that. Hope things get better for you sooner than later.

Yeah... I've had two cavities at separate times, it really isn't bad at all.

First they pop you with some legit painkillers that they inject via needle into the gums. Your whole face goes numb in minutes, and then they do their thing. I didn't feel much of anything at all after they popped me with the novocaine. Just sat back, relaxed and took it easy for... 30 minutes? 45, maybe, I forget how long it took.

Oh, and I drooled a lot, but I kind of do that anyways.

Sorry to hear about the drama, though. It's always... rough when parents fight, even over stupid things like who's going to pay for fillings. And totally don't worry about three tiny cavities. I honestly rarely floss. I do use a mouthwash though, which seems to work wonders, I've not had cavities since.

PS: The needle is just a little pinch for maybe... a half-second. It's nothing at all.

Edited by RZ1029

...Cavity virginity. :sad:

I have 3 (very) small cavities between a couple of my teeth in the upper right part of my mouth. (right in between so they could only see them on X-ray)... I cannot feel them, but you can see the slight gray spots on the sides on the x-ray, and I do not want them to progress.

Going in on Monday, to get drilled and filled, i guess.

I'm scared to death. They said they're going to freeze which means a needle in my gum. How much will it hurt? How long will it take for my teeth to go back to normal? Am I going to have to go through the difficulty of getting them replaced every 10 years?

I feel so down and sad right now. My problem is I haven't been flossing right. I swear in school I was told to not go that deep because you can injure your gums. Damn them. :(

Now the whole thing has led to a fight between my mom and dad over who will pay for it. Dad said some really nastly things about me to my mom through text message and now I feel even worse. I'm sad, I'm hurt, and I also really hate myself right now.

I don't know how this could happen, curse me for actually swallowing the rubbish they spouted at me in elementary school. I just hope the shape of my teeth doesn't get messed up so my retainer will still fit properly.

I want to die right now. I'm sitting here having a glass of milk. I wish I could feel happier.

Dentistry doesn't hurt as much as it potentialy could; infections, they hurt, and getting a tooth removed hurts, but generaly speaking cavities aren't too bad. The problem is dentiphobia, a mass condition that effects about 90% of western adults and arises from a mixture of natural pain aversion and a mix of fear of loss of control of one's self, and of sharp, whirring objects. Generaly speaking it's the most common phobia in the western world. Arachnophobia(Fear of spiders and other arachnids, sometimes insects) would be the second most, Theraphaginaephobia(Fear of particularly large spiders) would be third, and a fear of snakes would likely be fourth, fifth would likely be Capsaicinophobia, fear of eating chillis.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Vindekarr/711px-Brachypelma_edit.jpg

The vast majority of phobias are irrational fears, which means that they are fears of things that cannot harm you. Theraphagnaephobia (bird-eater-fear) is a classic example: only one, extremely rare species of Vietnamese Tarantula can actualy harm you, and the balance of Tarantulas are slow moving, and very docile-however their shear size(up to the sie of your hand) and fearsome, armour-plated appearance causes them to be one of the world's most wide-spread fears.

Edited by Vindekarr