Knights of the Nine Quest

onishoki

Hoping someone might be able to help.

I am playing Kotn and was able to get all the relics except for the boots of the crusader (and of course the mace as you need the boots) ;) .

When I go to the shrine of Kynareth and talk to the priest, she does not offer to discuss the boots and the test in the grove..... only "rumors"

I reinstalled the KOTN and started the whole quest from scratch and got the same result..... I know for example you need to have 2x fame than infamy to start is there something else that you need for the quest?

any help would be appreciated... thanks!

I am playing Kotn and was able to get all the relics except for the boots of the crusader (and of course the mace as you need the boots) ;) .

When I go to the shrine of Kynareth and talk to the priest, she does not offer to discuss the boots and the test in the grove..... only "rumors"

I reinstalled the KOTN and started the whole quest from scratch and got the same result..... I know for example you need to have 2x fame than infamy to start is there something else that you need for the quest?

Try all this at once:

Cheat to get higher speechcraft and personality, maybe luck.

Bribe him.

Cheat to get higher fame.

Here's an excerpt from the bugs section of the UESP Wiki walkthrough for Nature's Fury:

Due to a bug in dialog, Avita may fail to greet you correctly (and thus move the quest forward). The problem only appears in the PC version, and even then will not appear unless another mod loading after it also modifies greetings.

Solutions

Move the Knights to the end of your load order. Several tools can help you with this (notably OBMM and Wrye Bash.) However, this will not help you if you've already talked to Avita. However, you may have an earlier save that you can revert to. Or....

Use Wrye's Knights of the Nine Patch. Just download this and make sure that it loads after Knights.esp. This will work even if you've already talked to Avita. Or...

Open the console and:

Enter: setstage ND03 20. This will move you to the next stage of the quest and give you the quest update. If it doesn't add the quest marker, just go directly west and you'll come to a grove surrounded by trees. Stand here and wait for the quest update.

If the Forest Guardian bear never shows up at the grove, you can again use the console, this time entering: setstage ND03 50. This will make the entrance to the secret cave appear.

This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Official Mods Patch.

Try all this at once:

Cheat to get higher speechcraft and personality, maybe luck.

Bribe him.

Cheat to get higher fame.