Removing Masters with FNVEdit.

Hi.

After finally succeeding in making a merged patch (It took me a lot of time to understand the process and was also very frustrating), now I face a new problema. I made a merged patch for MTindle weapon mods and that worked as expected. Now with AnsaarTGB weapon mods I got this. 3 plugins are marked as masters, how do I remove them?

Messing around with the software I found that if you right-click on the plugin in the second panel (View) you get an "Edit" option. But just to be sure I want a community confirmation.

http://s20.postimg.org/xxvy03ctp/2016_05_04_06_10_50_FNVEdit_3_1_2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hmm. Upon second inspection, it seems the advice in my previous post doesn't apply to your situation.

The master files must be there, because whatever is placed into those form lists and leveled lists doesn't exist in the merged patch, only in their original files.

For example:

Mod X adds a weapon to the game and places it into Leveled List Y, thereby overriding that list. Mod Z adds another weapon to the game and also places it into Leveled List Y, thereby overriding it a second time. Both mods cannot place items into Leveled List Y without one overriding the other, so a merged patch is made. In the merged patch, a third override to Leveled List Y is made, containing the weapons from both Mod X and Mod Z. But those weapons still originate in their respective original plugins, so the master dependency to those are necessary.

In short: you don't need to clean the master files on your merged patch.