Hi,

I placed and equipped the mannequins (2) in the entrance of Battlehorn away from any NPC paths. 1 at the top off the stair in the corner, and the other at the bottom of the stair between the pillar and the railing.

After fast traveling back to the stronghold a day or so later, they are both gone... and they took all my stuff with em. :ohmy: :sad: :mad:

I am wondering if this is due to the fact that although I defeated the marauders and own the keep, I have not purchased any of the fancy upgrades (and thus not "completed" the quest)? And maybe they despawned?

I can paste my load order if it helps.

I noticed a few other had this issue in other threads, but that was because they placed them out side, or in the fighters guild, or other non-owned places... I thought technically I "owned" battlehorn (I have the deed).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The interior is replaced when you buy upgrades. Do not put anything in any vanilla houses (and Battlehorn is just a big house) until after you have purchased all of the upgrades you will ever decide you want.

Sorry to bump in, Striker, but the interior of Battlehorn Castle does not change. Furniture and such is only enabled/disabled. None of the cells are swapped. This new conflicting input of mine is based on my little tinkering with the castle. Not sure about the other homes, though. :happy:

Cells getting reset might cause that, though. Maybe. That is something you probably know more about.

Hmm ... generally I've found anything that has been in the player's inventory and then dropped/put in a weapon rack stays through cell resets except if you use SPAWN. Since I started using that my decorating days are over ... unless you use the CS to place things of course.

You would know far more about the Battlehorn situation Contra. I tend to not use it for much of anything as it's not located somewhere I find useful or on my way to anything.

And never worry about chiming in on any issues I've posted on ... I've always maintained that it takes a team to troubleshoot.

Right, so where did it go?

[ ] Despawned?

[ ] Fell through the floor?

[ ] Stolen by the Gray Fox?

[ ] Became sentient and went to the pub for a pint and some crisps?

[ ] Shrank down to microscopic size and are now in the tread of my boot?

[ ] Repossessed to pay back the Mages Guild for all the stuff I looted and sold?

(I have more...)

Vote for your favorite!

:cool:

Actually, of all the mods I have running, this one is a nice-to-have not a need-to-have IMHO. So If one has to fail, better this one than one of the others.

Long ago (well before I started using SPAWN and still had the decorating bug) I tried Balakirev's skin-toned version of the Reznod's mannequins. I eventually gave up on it due to the documented bugs.

I'll go with number three (though number four is very tempting).