Problems with creating new world space.

McBearMan

Hello everybody,

As the Beta of the CK has been release I, and a few others, have decided to contiue a mod in which we were creating for fallout: NV however, halted when the release of Fallout 4 was announced.

Time for the question.

I am attempting at creating a new world space, which for the most part has been going very well. I am able to walk around properly without issue, interact with objects, such as doors and Ham Radios and also load in from an interior cell. However, one problem still persists, I am unable to sprint/run on the newly created world cell. This puts me into a rather difficult predicament, as I am considering whether or not to continue on with creating the world space.

Any help with this issue would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance!

McBearMan.

Following this. I've noticed the same thing, my guess is that it has nothing to do with the worldspace. Maybe there's a list somewhere that determines where the player can sprint?

Edit: I was probably wrong, it might be related to worldspace after all. This seems to have been a common bug before the CK came out, and any edits to a cell would somehow bork that area and make the player unable to sprint. It seems the bug has persisted in the Creation Kit. Adding fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=0

to my Fallout4Custom.ini does not solve the problem. I'm stumped and really hoping I haven't wasted my time on two new worldspaces.
Edit 2: There was already a discussion about this here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4055580-sprint-bug/?hl=%20sprinting including a comment from Bethesda, which is from here: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/8561. Not really helpful, but that's all we've got.
Edited by mazakala

If you are unable to sprint, you may be testing your worldspace too early? In the beginning of Fallout 4 your character is unable to run until he has exited his house. Try to command console your way to your world space from a previous save that isn't at the beginning of the game. (make a back up first).

Hope this was the issue as i came across the issue and realized this.

If you are unable to sprint, you may be testing your worldspace too early? In the beginning of Fallout 4 your character is unable to run until he has exited his house. Try to command console your way to your world space from a previous save that isn't at the beginning of the game. (make a back up first).

Hope this was the issue as i came across the issue and realized this.

If you coc from the main menu you will be able to sprint in a vanilla worldspace, but not in a custom one. It's a bug in the CK and/or game engine.

I'm pretty sure I just saw a new version of a mod (the warzone wasteland spawn points one) refer to a sprint BUG in the engine (what!- a fundamental bug in a Beth engine?), and give a potential .ini fix. Perhaps that may help?