Does anyone still play Oblivion?

Lehcar

Steam summer sale might be coming at some point, I think, MisterCubix. Maybe you could keep an eye out for the legendary edition, in case it is available at a discount then? Not sure how your FPS would cope, though.

Edit: Also, there seem to be all sorts of sales around the year. Great chances to buy great games for ALMOST free. For example I bought The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition for about three Euros last year. I think it was about ~80% discount. Definitely worth more than the equally priced chocolate snack at the grocery store. :laugh:

Edit 2: Not "free", I meant "almost free". Or at least at a generous discount. :facepalm:

Edited by Contrathetix

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steam summer sale might be coming at some point, I think, MisterCubix. Maybe you could keep an eye out for the legendary edition, in case it is available at a discount then? Not sure how your FPS would cope, though.

Edit: Also, there seem to be all sorts of sales around the year. Great chances to buy great games for ALMOST free. For example I bought The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition for about three Euros last year. Definitely worth more than the equally priced chocolate snack at the grocery store. :laugh:

Edit 2: Not "free", I meant "almost free". Or at least at a generous discount. :facepalm:

It's practically free. My wishlist is full of things I'm waiting to go on sale. I think I hit the Witcher sale that had Witcher 1 and 2 for something like 4 bucks. This is how I get most of my games really, and the reason I own things like "Who's Your Daddy" :/

To answer the main question though: Hellz ya people play Oblivion! I play it in between chasing rabbits and investigating random shiny objects.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm revisiting Oblivion as well too :) Who doesn't like to revisit Cloud Ruler Temple, remembering the days when we were still imagining Skyrim? Or watching the sunset in Anvil? Or walking through, observing the trees wavering in the breeze in Chorrol? I like Skyrim, but Oblivion has always been my favorite of the series, maybe because it's such a relaxing environment in comparison to the harsh life of living in Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

The title suggests it´s actually possible to stop playing it ;)

Kidding aside, yes I do. It will in fact be ten years come February 2017 and while I don´t play nearly as many hours per day as I used to, Oblivion is still my main game :)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought oblivion yesterday right before the steam sale ended. $12 for it with all DLC and misc DLC that people used to complain about back in the day. I think it was well worth it, already it feels like a better RPG experience in my opinion. I have about 88 mods installed and it still looks like a potato but the detail that was put into the game and the inviting environment makes it look like the best potato I've ever seen.

I'm a graphics wh*%# and bought an enthusiast video card specifically to play skyrim but despite Oblivion's dated visuals, it seems like a freakin masterpiece. My first TES game was morrowind and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do and didn't get the concept of an open world RPG (at the time). So I skipped oblivion thinking it was going to be the same crap til Skyrim pulled me into the series at the midnight release. Funny how that works.

I'm a graphics prostitute and bought an enthusiast video card specifically to play skyrim but despite Oblivion's dated visuals, it seems like a freakin masterpiece.

Do you played around with graphics mods? Can you share your experience? What did you use?

@zdswulyx

That is like asking a room full of people what is the best pizza toppings. We'll all agree on a base line of mods that change the Mesh and Texture packs. Then we'll each give you personal preferencesthat you really should look into for your self.

Most listed starts with the Unofficial patches then list the four following before telling you to download Roberts better male and HGEC female.

Qarl's Texture Pack

Bomret's Texture Pack

Improved Trees and Flora 2

Weather - All Natural

Three pages you may want to look first are

Oblivion Modding Guide,

TES IV: Oblivion Modding Guide, 2014 Edition

and even if its out of date and most of the links are busted the Beautifying Oblivion the Complete Guide from 2008. They each list a number of options that are based around improving the look and game play from the vanilla experience.

am I playing Oblivion ?

yeah ... maybe about 5 - 10 %

the rest 90% is modding Oblivion. I just glad that I have some regulars that frequently check in my mods

they are kind enough to give me feedback and report some bugs

so

the questions is like this to me : Does anyone still modding Oblivion ?

also the answer to this thread is : Definitely YESS

Oblivion users is still dozen in here, either modder or user / player

@zdswulyx

That is like asking a room full of people what is the best pizza toppings. We'll all agree on a base line of mods that change the Mesh and Texture packs. Then we'll each give you personal preferencesthat you really should look into for your self.

Sure, but with this excuse most of the time people won't answer at all. I find it unhelpful. I am aware people have different tastes, hardware, and also sensitivities. But since we indeed are in the matter of opinions: EXPRESS IT! :D I might think I do not like something, but how can I have an idea if nobody shares?

In other words: thanks for the list I'll look into it.

Edited by zdswulyx