Does anyone still play Oblivion?

Lehcar

I bought oblivion yesterday right before the steam sale ended. $12 for it with all DLC and misc DLC that people used to complain about back in the day. I think it was well worth it, already it feels like a better RPG experience in my opinion. I have about 88 mods installed and it still looks like a potato but the detail that was put into the game and the inviting environment makes it look like the best potato I've ever seen.

I'm a graphics prostitute and bought an enthusiast video card specifically to play skyrim but despite Oblivion's dated visuals, it seems like a freakin masterpiece. My first TES game was morrowind and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do and didn't get the concept of an open world RPG (at the time). So I skipped oblivion thinking it was going to be the same crap til Skyrim pulled me into the series at the midnight release. Funny how that works.

From what we're read Oblivion was supposed to be a lot prettier than it was, and texture detail was cut back for budget reasons. When you get to the Tomb of Reman Emporers in Sancre Tor, that increased level of detail was how all of Oblivion's interiors were originally supposed to look, according to the published story.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bad mood right now ... you know, my routine is after I done some major update for my own mod

then it means I get to play Oblivion. I said this before in previous post. modding : playing (ratio) is 9 : 1 for me

I thought I would be happy when testing it, but it's NOT. my mod called DWC is stable only at first but after one hour or more gameplay...

the more we meet new NPCs the more resource wasted. so I feel so fail ..... coz I need to rebuild the code from half of it

well ... maybe in meantime, I'll see that tomb you mentioned lol

everyone has different stance, well it's to good to be true if all ppl see happiness that way :smile: for entire life we fight among ourself right?

' L ' I hope this quote will help your mood. It's from one of the most clever and influential computer scientist, Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (RIP :sad: ).

The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of his own skull; therefore he approaches the programming task in full humility, and among other things he avoids clever tricks like the plague.

If such unparalleled genius like him said something like that, I think we can assume that the problem is not us. Don't feel "fail," it's normal.

uwahh x_x it's too deep for me, 'now' me ... maybe I will understand it in the future

the quote I don't get it in parts "clever tricks" and "full humility"

but I understand your consulting,

yeah.... but I believe the problem is always us (and a big part of it)

Thank you zd

maybe I should take TMSon advice,

I think I need to settle down awhile and be wild

hm ... playing ... You may name it like that. ..

Actually the Bosmer enjoys camping in the Great Forest along these summer days :D

In fact Oblivion - gameplay, modinstall and puzzling with the private mod - eats up most of the time I spend on pc-games.

Greetings

Edited by Lord of the Strings