Does anyone still play Oblivion?

Lehcar

Hey law, maybe there's season & reason for that :smile:

sometimes the comments or endorse flooding to all of us modders, it's very happy moment and addicting

but sometimes ... we don't get any good response at all, kinda the mood is comes and goes like seasons

I believe if the idea is mindblowing bunch of users will flood that mod. the latest good mod I know is Enhanced Genetic Overhaul (created on May 31), that mod got only 100+ endorse after 2 months

so we can use that as standard how good our own mod is, and how much people that still appreciate modders effort. your active friends in Nexus is important factor too,

I noticed several of my nexus friends is helping me with endorse 'sometimes'.... I think the best endorse you can get in Oblivion nexus nowdays is 300 or less...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it is not always about the size of the community, or the number of comments - it can also be about the quality. :thumbsup:

Edit: I should add that many people make mods for multiple games, and all games have great communities. The one thing that I find fascinating about this Oblivion one is the sort of slow pace at which it is trotting along through the years. The Skyrim section seems to busy that Oblivion is a sort of haven for the less hectic people. A small community that is not too fast, and not too crowded.

Edited by Contrathetix

Of course I still play Oblivion! Back when I purchased my XBox 360 I bought Oblivion with it on the recommendation of some young man. It was the GOTY version so it was probably 2007 or 2008. After a couple of years of playing it on the XBox, I learned about mods and became curious. I set up my 2008 Mac Pro to run Win 7 via Boot Camp, got the PC version of the GOTY game, and haven't looked back since. Even now my old Mac Pro, Julian and I still get together and revisit Cyrodiil. Skyrim is a great game for me in its own right, but Oblivion is "home."

• 4 weeks later...

I installed Oblivion for the first time in July on the same day I installed Fallout 4. I've already put quite a few hours into playing Oblivion and have yet to try out Fallout 4. To make matters more complicated, I also am playing Skyrim with a whole slew of new quest mods.

This community is still going. You can tell from new Oblivion mods appearing on the Nexus and from this very forum.

• 3 months later...

I purchased Oblivion not long after it first came out and it's a game I keep coming back to. My daughter purchased Skyrim recently and I sat and watched her play it for an hour or two or maybe five. Certainly was interesting and i did think about buying my own copy, but here I am still playing Oblivion and making my own mods for the game.

I've lost count of the number of similar stories. Even with a high disposition, Skyrim overall is a hostile place imo, while the same can't be said of Cyrodiil. So imo it's no wonder people prefer spending time in friendly environments. Gaming is often a refuge from hostile places, or it's supposed to be. Also imo VR will open people's eyes to the fact that, as realism increases, hostility and fake violence etc aren't so much fun.