Unsuccessful sequel

hoofhearted4

Halo: Reach. I loved Halo: CE, 2, and 3, but Reach lost what made it such a great series to me.

Halo 4: Ghosts of Conflict. It was as bad as ODST. The environmental atmosphere was good and the gameplay was solid, but it felt more like Call of Halo than Halo, especially with the addition of iron-sights.

The story wasn't too bad, the "epic" moments from CoD felt forced though.

The Forge system didn't really get any upgrades which made me a bit sad.

The map design is a lot less symmetrical, and the guns are more steam-punkish. :whistling:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. This might be more of a spin-off than a sequel. I really liked the MetroidVanias for their freedom in doing whatever whenever, but in this game they added a timer and took away your always accessible equip menu and the shopkeepers.

Fallout: New Vegas. I loved Fallout 3 to death(hated metros though). In this sequel(spin-off) they had a great idea and story, but it was poorly implemented. The atmosphere of a post-nuclear land was gone, most of the time you were walking in a deserted land, and the game actually looked worse. This game sadly felt rushed...

CoD: MW2. I think that CoD: MW is one of the best First Person Shooters ever made(closely followed by Halo: CE, FEAR, and CoD: WaW). However it's sequel took a turn for the worse, the graphics had a noticeable improvement, but the simple, yet great gameplay from the original was lost. In the original's multiplayer, if I died, I wouldn't really get as angry because when I would watch the kill cam it would be a fair kill, but in the sequel when I would watch the kill cam they would shoot or kill me in ways such as shooting where I was, throwing a knife in the air, etc.

Dragon Age 2. I really enjoyed the improvements to the gameplay the sequel brought, however the story felt very unimportant and short, the companions weren't able to equip most items, and the amount of skills you had were not a lot.

Mass Effect 2. I liked the first Mass Effect, though it had some flaws. These flaws were fixed in the sequel(sprinting, animations, etc.), however the sequel lost it's feeling of freedom with the addition of mission complete screens. The game was still good though.

Fable III. Fable III fixed an important flaw that Fable II had(shared co-op screen), however it lost everything I loved about Fable II, the gaining or losing of weight, the atmosphere of the areas, the wide exploration, and the level gaining.

Final Fantasy X-2. I loved FFX minus the voice acting, but FFX-2's story did not live up to it's predecessor. The atmosphere of the game wasn't the same as FFX's which was also a big problem, I mean it didn't take place that long after FFX, yet it felt like a different FF game. It was very cliche too.

Final Fantasy XIII. This is technically a spin-off, but it carries the name and number so... yep.

The gameplay was horrid, the side characters were to colorful, much of the emotion felt over-used and forced, and there was no exploration.

Oddworld Munch's Oddysee. Abe's Oddysee and Exodus were excellent games, back when I first saw Munch's Oddysee I was very excited. After I bought it, I was very disappointed. The gameplay was tedious, and the story wasn't interesting to me.

Assassin's Creed 2. The loss of boss battles, awesome clothing, an interesting canon story, and interesting buildings are a downside to this game.

All-in-all it wasn't that bad though.

Wow, that list is a bit longer than I thought it would be... :sweat:

Edited by Unlimitedrevolver

All people saying FNV sucks have OBVIOUSLY never played the first two. Fallout 3 is nothing like the two.

Anyway my hated sequel is Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Was the third in the series but it was nothing like the first two. They went from a platforming type game to building cars... Really.... Childhood ruined. :(

You know what, My bro plays black ops, now that is the king of all unnecessary sequels right there.:verymad: Edited by Thor.

omg i cannot stand CoD. what is new in those series? besides the names to the guns. the graphics have been the same the whole time (and even then there is something about the graphics i cant stand, it looks fake) no destructible enviros. BUT thats where all the "pros" play.....HA.

i play bfbc2 (on Ps3) and am decent on it. i went on to MW2 with my friend, and got like third the first time i ever played (i was using a shotgun, everyone else was quick scoping) so then the second round i played their game, quick scoped and got first lol. only two times ive ever played CoD :P

COD: Black Ops (Just plain needless)

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (Yes, it was actually a sequel...)

Duke Nukem Forever (Must I say more?)

Gee... Every game in the Spyro Series from like... Spyro 4 to Spyro 9... (Just like FFXI to FFXIV)

Arc the Lad 2. 3/10 rating. Nuff said.

Manhunt 2. When something is banned almost everywhere, it CAN'T be a success.

Simply put, my list.

Gee... Every game in the Spyro Series from like... Spyro 4 to Spyro 9... (Just like FFXI to FFXIV)

Simply put, my list.

i really enjoyed FFXII and am currently enjoying FFXIII....granted those are the only two FF games ive played.